Black finish

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pegwill

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I wonder if you can help. I searched the forum but could not find an answer , but I expect this has been asked before.

My Aeons are a number of years old now and I have transported them around the world with me and so as you would expect the woodwork has received a few dings and scratches that I would like to repair or try and cover up at least. Does anybody know what the actual black covering is? I’m not sure but I don’t think it’s black paint. I was wondering if there was a touch up kit available?

Many thanks

Regards

William

William, years ago M/L used (and I forgot the name) a material (texture black finish) that proved to be toxic and they switched to something else. Depending on the age of your speakers it may or may not apply to them.

If it were me I'd simply try and match with black paint and add some sand if texture is needed.

Hi Guys

Just to close this thread out I did contact Martin Logan and they stated that the finish on my Aeons was ‘Nextel’ I have found a supplier in the UK so that will be my next step.

Hope this helps

Regards

William

Careful - Nextel is exactly the toxic material. There is a reason nobody use it anymore

Careful - Nextel is exactly the toxic material. There is a reason nobody use it anymore
Like many paint materials it needs to be used with care but it's used for my Avantgarde speakers too. If applying at home, I'm sure the instructions will say use in a well ventilated space (ideally outdoors) and wear a face mask and probably goggles. Once dried, it's as safe as any finish.

Back