Bill from Audio Clinic

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wgirwin

Reaction score
Hello folks. I started here last month and was pleased to get feedback with my problem. I wasn't sure how active this was, but I didn't get any feedback at all from ML itself for over a month. Boo. I assume they are in flux from all the new company owners, and hope they stay alive as a viable outfit. I am happy to have found MLO.
I am an EE and tech who ran Audio Clinic back in the 80's up north, and we did warranty repairs for 3 dozen heavy outfits like Accuphase, B&O, Crown, Sony, Pioneer, Teac, etc. I did a lot of listening with friends at the local emporiums and always found myself drawn back to the MLs as a reference for comparison. I never could quite bite that price bullet as a DIYer, but did own Janzen and Quad speakers, and finally found some satisfaction with a pair of Audio Static ESLs with AR3 woofers and a Dalquist DQ-LP1 and some serious amps. I finally graduated to a pair of ML Vistas from a friend - my reference speakers - and a B&K Reference 4420 that impressed me. Now that I live in Florida and can't hear quite as well as I could when I was younger I am selling off most of my old 'vintage' gear and have settled in as a happy camper. I am glad to have found this forum even if it competes with social media (which I avoid). Howdy to all you fellow ML owners.

Great background! You should be able to give some great advice, especially on electrical issues/problems.
I don't consider myself a Golden Ear, but I can talk semiconductors. I actually built a 4" square ESL panel decades ago out of pc board stock and metal window screens to clarify/verify my understanding of the ESL principles - sounded bad but worked OK! Most of my activity was troubleshooting and repairing problems, and verifying performance. Glad to be aboard.

Back