Bi-Amp question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davioj

Reaction score
Just picked up a second Anthem MCA amp one is 2 channel the other is 5 channel both same model MCA 50 & 20. MCA 50 has an output of 265W into 4 ohms the MCA 20 has 300W, I am bi-amping reQuest speakers what gets more power stats or woofers.

Dave

I am bi-amping reQuest speakers what gets more power stats or woofers
Easy, the panels, every time. So use the MCA20 on the panels and 2ch of the MCA50 for the woofers.

Remember to remove the bridge straps at the speaker posts.

Congrats on the new amp, please let us know how the bi-amp results sound to you.

Right now they are just bi-wired as I needed to check out the amp as it was used, but I don't really worry about Anthem equipment because Chris Johnson who used to own Anthem is still in business, his place is called parts connexion and audio connexion, they sell alot of high end stuff and the fellows who used to work at Anthem work for Chris, I can drive to their shop in about 25 minuites. They take trade ins and sell both used and new equipment. Going to try to bi-amp mabe this weekend so I will let you know what I think, wish my new panels were in for my reQuests but should be soon.

Dave

Right now they are just bi-wired as I needed to check out the amp as it was used, but I don't really worry about Anthem equipment because Chris Johnson who used to own Anthem is still in business, his place is called parts connexion and audio connexion, they sell alot of high end stuff and the fellows who used to work at Anthem work for Chris, I can drive to their shop in about 25 minuites. They take trade ins and sell both used and new equipment. Going to try to bi-amp mabe this weekend so I will let you know what I think, wish my new panels were in for my reQuests but should be soon.

Dave
Wow, youre lucky to live so close to him like that! Im jealous.

Don't understand what you mean by correctly wired not without 4 separate jumpers. I bi-wired by running 2 sets of wires out of front right amp speaker terminals, then hooked up 1 set to the woofer and 1 set to the panel connection of the speakers, the jumpers between the 2 speaker terminals on the reQuests are removed, did the same for the left side.

Dave

Are you talking about the way RAH has wired up in the picture that he sent, I bi-wired the way my manual says for the reQuests

Dave

Back