Best US Site to Sell Used Audio Equipment?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is your preferred site for selling used gear?

• Audiogon

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Dealer site

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • eBay

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • MLO Classified

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • US Audio Mart

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I saw a DAC I wanted on Canuckaudiomart. There was no box, manual, or power cord. The seller wanted local pickup in Niagara Falls, and cash; his feedback was 100%. A friend of mine in Niagara agreed to pick it up for me. The seller and I agreed on a price. I emailed the seller my friend’s email ID and mobile number. My friend emailed the seller and asked for his mobile number; he responded by email, but did not give his mobile number, even when asked again.

It was beginning to sound fishy, so I talked to my sister-in-law, a cop. She told me it sounded like stolen property (no power cable - a grab the unit and go situation). So I checked the seller’s (100%) feedback, item by item. In each case it was mentioned how they met the seller in a remote location. He had wanted to meet my friend in the parking lot of a hardware store.

I cancelled the deal. Did not get any negative feedback.

You’re right. Never thought of that. “ no power cord, box or manual “ is a real tip off. Thanks for the advice.

Beware of Audigon if you are a seller. Their policy is totally buyer biased. I still sell on the Gon but specify cashier check or bank wire for payment.

I had Music Room offer me $2000 for my Oppo 205 DVD player. Definitely lower than they were selling
Ha! Isn't that what they retailed for new? I think that's what I paid for mine. Of course, since Oppo is gone now, I'm not surprised they sell for crazy prices now.

Back