Best Speaker for Its Size

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

John

I would like to take a survey to see what speaker is the best in performance for its size. The Size:performance ratio is key here. Performance aspects should be objective and verifiable, such as frequency range, watts, etc.

We've all heard that, for example, the Statement E2 is the ultimate sound, but what else is the ultimate sound when compared to others of its size? The thing is, anyone (including ML) can make a speaker that is big enough to produce the ultimate sound. But, what speaker produces the ultimate sound for its size?

For example, in the computer world, smaller is better. Generally, a big person eats more than a small person. A good analogy for this survey would be the 97-pound food eating champion (her weight is around that number). What speaker is the audio version of the 97-pound food champion? Anyway, I think you get the idea.

I know, MLs are tough to beat, but if someone is inclined to think of ML speakers, I'd ask what is your 2nd choice? ;) I should probably post this on Audiogon, too, but this is a great place to start.

I look forward to hearing your choices!

I meant to post this in the Poll section--please go there. Thanks.

I meant to post this in the Poll section--please go there. Thanks.

Back