Best Bass guitar solo ever...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kach22i

Reaction score
I swear I'll get around to answering the other thread, and admit this is just a knock-off thread. However as I seek to answer the question Best guitar solo ever... I keep running into the same problem.

Are the Bass guitar solos being overshadowed by the lead guitar solos?

What of the Rhythm guitar solos?

For this thread I'm leaning towards Stanley Clarke, have to pick an LP, then a song - oh so tough. :)

Man that's tough...Stanley, Jaco, the two Victor's (Bailey and Wooten. Pretty much, any time one of those guys touches a bass, it's a solo. :cool:

The one and only "Ray Brown"...

Ray Brown, is so awesome... His, "Live at StarBuck's" recording is something very special. IMHO, Ray Brown is difinately one of the greatest.... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Hola...here some of the great bass players:
Brian Bronberg
Marcus Miller
Anthony Jackson
John Clayton
Nathan East
Tony Levin
Paul McCartney
Christian McBride
John Patitucci
Terje Venaas

It is good to know that out there are such a great musicians and good recordings that we can enjoy so much with our beloved sound of ML!!!
Cheers,
Roberto.

Last edited:
Wow, what a list...

roberto said:
Hola...here some of the great bass players:
Brian Bronberg
Marcus Miller
Anthony Jackson
John Clayton
Nathan East
Tony Levin
Paul McCartney
Christian McBride
John Patitucci
Terje Venaas

It is good to know that out there are such a great musicians and good recordings that we can enjoy so much with our beloved sound of ML!!!
Cheers,
Roberto.

Roberto,

What a great list, Roberto... You are an aduio God, that knows his bass players... I totally agree :D

Cheers

-Robin

Robin said:
Roberto,

What a great list, Roberto... You are an aduio God, that knows his bass players... I totally agree :D

Cheers

-Robin
Hola Robin...I know that you play guitar as some here also like Jeff and me...here are other bass players that you might like to listen to:
Jaco
Steve Rodby
Roger Waters
Abraham Laboriel
Stanley Clark
Sugar Brown Shoe
Charlie Haden
Michael Manring
Wooten Victor

just to mention another few...happy listenig Robin...glad we have you with us!
Cheers,
Roberto.

I almost forgot to add...

After having recently re-listened to "Sunday at the Village Vanguard" and "Waltz for Debby", for my review of these fantastic jazz albums / CD's... I realized, I just loved the bass musings, creativity and innovations of, Scott LaFaro... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Back