B100

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those speakers are new, and under warranty. I would contact Martin Logan about that and get it repaired. I just take my hardware into the dealer here and they either fix it or send it back to Martin Logan for me.

I don't know if it's possible, but if you end up sending them back to Martin Logan, you might be able to exchange them toward a different model speaker. I had a brand new Marantz receiver that was broken out of the box and I decided to trade up to one level higher because I was paranoid about that model. It was no problem for me to do so. Not sure how long you've owned these new speakers.
I ordered from audio advice. I know of no Martin Logan dealers in the area. Thank you for the suggestion though. I am definitely going to consider upgrading. I could do a review which could include comparisons of what does upgrading from Martin Logan’s box speaker to their panel speakers get you?” Video

I ordered from audio advice. I know of no Martin Logan dealers in the area. Thank you for the suggestion though. I am definitely going to consider upgrading. I could do a review which could include comparisons of what does upgrading from Martin Logan’s box speaker to their panel speakers get you?” Video
I would try to "turn vinegar into wine" here. I think you can only return products to the local dealer you bought from, but not sure. Contact Martin Logan service through email and tell them what happened with the terminals. You should probably contact Audio Advice too. As long as Audio Advice is a registered seller, you have the factory warranty. If they are not an approved dealer, I think you have no warranty or at least Martin Logan doesnt have to honor it.
The guy in charge of service is named Ron, and he's very good to work with. Everything after covid seems to be email.You could mention to him how you're very unhappy with the speaker for a number of reasons, and you'd like to trade up to an electrostat. I'd try to listen to the pair of electrostats at a local showroom to be sure you don't end up deeper in this if you don't like those either.

Ron might allow you to trade up, but I've never done that with them. I did have a problem with a new depth i sub and a focus center channel speaker out of the box. The depth was fixed and we just sent the Focus back to them and they mailed me a new one. The speaker terminals were lose on the Focus. Marantz is the place that let me exchange a lower model receiver for their higher. It had one or more amp channels that didn't even work, brand new out of the box!

It would be very interesting to see how to new Motion XT sounds head to head with an ESL. It's too bad the Electromotion series still uses passive bass crossovers but I suppose they have a price point to meet.

At the end of the day you're comparing a $1000 CAD speaker to a $3500 CAD speaker but it would be really interesting to see how they compare regardless.

How do I erase this thread? My amp was asking them to do too much. A downside of the speaker that it can’t handle it but I did try to hook it up directly to my home theater receiver and I’m pretty awestruck by what is coming out of them.

Back