Avoiding re-amplification

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Wow!, nice, very nice!

Hopefully, you will be driving it with a Trinnov processor, it would do that gear justice, especially with four sides and 6 overheads.

You will be blown away with the 40xw as a center, it is the ideal config for a rig like yours.

With the subs you list, you will have plenty of bass and mid-bass. Just make sure the calibrator is good, and that you have the room acoustic treatment sorted.

Please go ahead and start a new thread for your HT build-out so we can chime in on that. This one looks to be a fascinating one.
Agreed with Jonathan, sounds super cool ! Start a new thread on your HT set up so we can follow along ....... with pics !

JonFo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never heard an in wall sub. How do those do with minimizing wall vibrations? To me, that would be a great challenge.
They work surprisingly well. They come with their own box (tall column goes up the wall).

Robert D

Reaction score
They work surprisingly well. They come with their own box (tall column goes up the wall).

Certainly would be great to not have a big box sitting in your home theater. Maybe I can hear one sometime. I think you'd have to frame the wall special around it, try to reduce reverberating.

I see that it has a floating mount system to help reduce vibrations.

c0mp

Reaction score
Agreed with Jonathan, sounds super cool ! Start a new thread on your HT set up so we can follow along ....... with pics !
Ok started a new thread, just waiting on approval. @Robert D I have a pic of the IWS enclosure pre-drywall up there if you wanted to see what it looks like. When it's up, it's completely disconnected from the studs/drywall, even the grill attaches to the drywall and not the enclosure.

Robert D

Reaction score
Ok started a new thread, just waiting on approval. @Robert D I have a pic of the IWS enclosure pre-drywall up there if you wanted to see what it looks like. When it's up, it's completely disconnected from the studs/drywall, even the grill attaches to the drywall and not the enclosure.
Your new setup is going to be amazing! Look forward to seeing your thread.