Quantcast

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

S

sakhavi

Hi - so many people in this community have striking images as their avatas. I feel sure these images are very indicative of something or another about all their respective users, but usually there's no description or explanation available. I'm going to add a description to the "Biography" area of my profile page (which unfortunately is far too small; I'll post a separate suggestion about that...); maybe others could do this as well.

MarkNewbie

Reaction score
perhaps

Maybe an explanation of how to create an avatar? I don't know how to create one.

"That technically challenged guy in Indiana"

:confused:

DTB300

Reaction score
An Avatar is a picture - photo or graphic, that is uploaded to the site here through the the userCP area on the site toolbar. The Avatar needs to be a certain size. If you use Windows XP, there is a built in graphic program that will allow you to view photos and graphics and allow you to resize them.

Dan

MarkNewbie

Reaction score
Got it...

DTB300 said:
An Avatar is a picture - photo or graphic, that is uploaded to the site here through the the userCP area on the site toolbar. The Avatar needs to be a certain size. If you use Windows XP, there is a built in graphic program that will allow you to view photos and graphics and allow you to resize them.

Dan

Thanks Dan!!!! :D

DTB300

Reaction score
Jeff Zaret said:
Myavatar has a goofy pic of me. Maybe it is time to change that. :eek: Jeff
The picture or the goofy? Personally I have never grown up :D just ask my wife.

Dan

Robin

Reaction score
Last edited:

zaphod

Reaction score
i really don't like having my picture taken. at all. but i do have an official charicature.

it was drawn from a picture taken of me when i was giving a talk at the oregon triode society in portland about a decade ago. i was used as the logo for my column in Positive Feedback when i wrote for them about the same time frame.

MarkNewbie

Reaction score
Robin said:
Daryl,

I'm always looking for a colorful, full motion avatar. I perfer to change my avatar often for variety. I think it adds spiece to life... :D

Cheers

-Robin
What is "spiece"? Perhaps it is something I need to add?

Yeah, I know Robin. You've missed me, haven't you? Hehehe. :D

Robin

Reaction score
Spice is all we need...

MarkNewbie said:
What is "spiece"? Perhaps it is something I need to add?

Yeah, I know Robin. You've missed me, haven't you? Hehehe. :D
Mark,

Yeah, it's good to have you back... Be truthful now, you missed us, while you were away, but I bet you missed listening to your awesome system more?

It is good to hear from you, man... :D

Cheers

-Robin

MarkNewbie

Reaction score
Robin said:
Mark,

Yeah, it's good to have you back... Be truthful now, you missed us, while you were away, but I bet you missed listening to your awesome system more?

It is good to hear from you, man... :D

Cheers

-Robin
It is funny that you said that! I did miss coming on here and reading all of the interesting comments. I do have to tell you. The first thing I did when I got home was to walk in the house and plug in my audio equipment! I did that before I even unloaded my luggage out of the car! I waited an hour for my amp to warm up before I started playing music and then it was truly good to be home! :D

Robin

Reaction score
Missing ML is just a wonderful fact of life...

MarkNewbie said:
It is funny that you said that! I did miss coming on here and reading all of the interesting comments. I do have to tell you. The first thing I did when I got home was to walk in the house and plug in my audio equipment! I did that before I even unloaded my luggage out of the car! I waited an hour for my amp to warm up before I started playing music and then it was truly good to be home! :D
Mark,

I knew you were going to miss your most excellent system... :D How could you not. I'm glad you started right in enjoying that glorious sound once again... ;) It is addicting really, the sound of a excellent ML audio system... Well, you know what I'm talking about... :D

Cheers

-Robin