Audyssey vs Audio Control Diva

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Audyssey xt 32 with the pro kit has worked very well with me in a difficult room for both stereo, SACD, Blu Ray, and Fios TV 2,5, and 7.2 system.

I have no experience with "Diva" but I would be wary of the h class amps it uses with electrostatic panels and the low impedance they present at high frequencies.

J

Last edited:
Diva does not have an amp in it. It is a stand alone room correction/equalizer. It works just like audyssey pro (discontinued). It sits between the pre-amp and amp.

Audyssey X32 (as far as I know it is not a stand alone unit) is in a receiver which has multi channel amp also. But Diva is just a room correction/EQ system.

I've Audio Control EQ's in the past, like the Rialto, nice stuff for the day. The Diva is nowhere near as sophisticated as Audyssey, Trinnov or TacT/Lynngdorf RCs.

A well executed XT32 with Pro kit is an amazing thing in terms of how cohesive a soundfield one can throw.

There is indeed a Standalone Audyssey EQ called the 'Sound EQ', available in balanced and 'consumer' versions. I believe it has been discontinued, so look on the used market.

There are some great preamps out there, like the Denon AVP-A1HDci that has Audyssey, I use that with excellent results on my MLs.

I've Audio Control EQ's in the past, like the Rialto, nice stuff for the day. The Diva is nowhere near as sophisticated as Audyssey, Trinnov or TacT/Lynngdorf RCs.

A well executed XT32 with Pro kit is an amazing thing in terms of how cohesive a soundfield one can throw.

There is indeed a Standalone Audyssey EQ called the 'Sound EQ', available in balanced and 'consumer' versions. I believe it has been discontinued, so look on the used market.

There are some great preamps out there, like the Denon AVP-A1HDci that has Audyssey, I use that with excellent results on my MLs.

Good morning Jonathan,

I'd very much like to use a stand alone room correction system between pre-amp and amp but it is a hard to find piece. Trinnov has one which is very expensive.

I was told by a certified installer that the Diva system is great if and only if it is installed by an audio control certified installer. it is not a DIY unit like audyssey (no auto calibration with Diva).

I'm in the process of upgrading my system. Waiting for CEDIA to see what's gonna be in the market soon. At the end, I may go with a denon unit.

What version of audyssey Denon AVP-A1HDci has?

Dspeaker has some new systems that are quite good. The antimode dual core may be of interest.

Dspeaker.com

Joel

Antimode is a two channel unit.
I asked him about a five channel version. He said maybe in 2013 but he wasn't sure.

How many channels do you want to equalize ?
The current denon unit that Jon referred to can be upgraded to xt 32. It is an older unit and perhaps Denon has a new one coming out. Anthem also has a good pre pro.
J

Last edited:
I'm looking for a five channel.

I checked the old Audyssey stand alone unit (Audyssey Pro EQ) and found out that its D/A is 48K while Diva is 96Khz.

But as you mentioned, it's better for me to wait and see what new products come out before end of the year (including CEDIA). Otherwise, xt 32 or ARC are gonna be my best choices.

What version of audyssey Denon AVP-A1HDci has?

The Denon AVP units originally came with Audyssey XT, and as of late last year, include XT32 or if you buy a used unit, they are upgradable for $1K to XT32.

It is still the best multichannel preamp out there IMHO. No hint of them replacing it until 2015 at the earliest.

The Denon AVP units originally came with Audyssey XT, and as of late last year, include XT32 or if you buy a used unit, they are upgradable for $1K to XT32.

It is still the best multichannel preamp out there IMHO. No hint of them replacing it until 2015 at the earliest.

Thanks again.
I'll look for a used one.

Back