Audioquest CV8 Speaker Cables?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

attyonline

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new Audioquest speaker cables with the DBS battery power on the cables? I have no local dealers and these intrigue me. I cannot afford the top of the line models but maybe the CV8s if the price is right. I have the Aerius i speakers and a Rotel 1080 amp. I have done a search on other threads, but they appear to be concentrated on interconnects rather than speaker wire.

I found a really good buy on Mont Blanc speakercables from Audio Advisor. They were not much more expensive than the cheaper varieties at list. I find them to be quite neutral with my Summits. See if you can get an in-home audition with the option to return them if they do not suit your taste.

Thanks for the input. I checked the AA web site but saw no real high end deals on Audioquest speaker cable. No high end cables locally other than MIT which I do not care a whole lot for. :(

attyonline said:
Thanks for the input. I checked the AA web site but saw no real high end deals on Audioquest speaker cable. No high end cables locally other than MIT which I do not care a whole lot for. :(

If you would be interested, I have a brand new and never used set of Nordost Blue Heaven in 3.5M length, spade termination, & Bi-wire that I am thinking about selling.

I have heard them but not in my system. I am hoping to try some soon since I love the Cheetah and Sky interconnects which are in the big rig. My local ML dealer uses all Audioquest in his Logan setup (Summits and Vantages).

The CV-8 is the replacement for the CV-6. The only difference is the CV-6 had 6 conductors making it a 13AWG cable, and the CV-8 had 8 conductors making it a 12AWG cable. Both had the DBS system.

I have used Audioquest’s Jaguar interconnect with 24V DBS, it was a grate interconnect. I am using there Sky interconnect with 72V DBS now, with Mammoth speaker cables, I hope to try there volcano DBS speaker cables soon.

FYI, Bestbuy/Magnolia is selling off their Audioquest 6 for $149.00, the set I bought was not in the original plastic bag inside the box so they took off another $30.00 :)

Latest posts

Back