Audioholics GLOB Cable Garners Industry Respect.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kevin

http://www.audioholics.com/ces/CESmisc/globibscable.php

This was an absolute awesome read. Enjoy.

DAY1_129.jpg

No one found this funny? That the guys at audioholics made up a complete BS cable full of mumbo jumbo crap and received praise from other companies?

Bout time someone pulled something like that. Maybe it will actually open some eyes.

-D

Kevin said:
No one found this funny? That the guys at audioholics made up a complete BS cable full of mumbo jumbo crap and received praise from other companies?

Troll, back under your bridge!

Kevin said:

Nope, Another pointless article from a pointless website.

Zip3kx07 said:
Nope, Another pointless article from a pointless website.

Have to agree - if you follow their 'snake oil' link you find a page that denounces any cable that isn't standard figure '8' configuration and made of ordinary copper.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know how cable can make such an audible difference. I do know that my ears can hear the difference between certain cables when I listen to them back-to-back. And the difference can be vast.

So, I suggest that we let the non-believers strangle their expensive components with inferior cable, and just carry on enjoying what we've got, safe in the knowledge that we can hear the effect.

Cheers,

David (Converted cable non-believer!)

So what!

Kevin said:

I listen to a cable in a room full of talking people and I say that's nice. I'd hate to be rude! Praise? Maybe not.

pointless website

Sure whatever you say.

So, I suggest that we let the non-believers strangle their expensive components with inferior cable

Ok? I will sit here and run my superior components with all the money I saved from not buys 1000% marked up cable.

Kevin said:
Ok? I will sit here and run my superior components with all the money I saved from not buys 1000% marked up cable.

Can't speak for all the cable manufacturers, but I do know that Nordost actually costs a *lot* of money to produce. Because their cables are unique in structure, they have to build all of their own equipment to make the cables - and that costs a lot of money.

Of course, not all manufacturers have such a high cost of production. . .

Cheers,

David

Kevin said:
Sure whatever you say.

Fine by me! But realize that you are compromising the sound of your overpriced, over-hyped components by not using cable with good construction. You do not have to pay a bundle for cables utilizing good construction components.

Just because the guys at Audioholics don't know how to measure the perceptible distortion that any cable introduces does not negate fact that there are perceptible artifacts. They also claim that different grades of capacitors can't affect sounds. ROTFLMAO!!!!

jjqiv said:
Fine by me! But realize that you are compromising the sound of your overpriced, over-hyped components by not using cable with good construction. You do not have to pay a bundle for cables utilizing good construction components.

Just because the guys at Audioholics don't know how to measure the perceptible distortion that any cable introduces does not negate fact that there are perceptible artifacts. They also claim that different grades of capacitors can't affect sounds. ROTFLMAO!!!!

But if Kevin cannot hear the difference, then he is not compromising anything by not buying different cable. If anything, he is being smart by saving (possibly) a whole lot of money by not swapping cables.

So Belden and Canare do not make a good cable? Have you ever looked at the inside of you speaker or electronics and seen how they are wired? Look at the wire connecting your RCA or XLR connecting terminals. Did you not see my cut open Cardas neutral reference interconnect, there was nothing special about its construction.

Here is a list of what wire I run.

DVD to PRE/PRO - Belden 1695A Coax (use to be Transparent premium digital link)

PRE/PRO to amp - Belden 1800F XLR (use to be Cardas neutral reference and Straight wire Rhapsody II)

AMP to speakers - Canare 4S11 (use to be Straight wire Rhapsody II and Nordost reddawn rev2)

All wire and cables were purchased from www.bluejeanscable.com. I find this sounds the same.

overpriced, over-hyped components

What?

Back