Audiogon Warning

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aliveatfive

Reaction score
Especially to all those who post (or might post on Audiogon): I posted my VT100 amp on audiogon about 5 days ago. (BTW, I just received the REF110.) Although I noted that I would rather sell in the US only, I received several offers from Europe. One person, from Sweden, seemed to be very interested. I could not understand why he would want an amp designed to run on 120 v. electricity to use in a country with 220 v. electricity. We were just about ready to close the transaction when he asked me for my bank account numbers. I was reluctant to provide these details and I wrote to audiogon. They suggested that he was a scammer and to stay away from him, even though he was a listed audiogon member. FYI, his audiogon username is Hd1205. I would be very wary about doing business with this individual.

Thanks for the warning. I've had good luck on audiogon before but there are always a couple bad apples trying to get one over!

Thanks also for the warning, so the new toy has arrived !! Let us know of your initial impressions as well as once youv'e got it broken in !

Good luck !!

That goes for ebay too

I follow ebay daily. In the last year there has been constant, and I mean constant fraudulent Martin Logan auctions. I've seen copies of photos from real auctions and from Audiogon pop up roughly 6-9 months later on scam ebay auctions. I was at one point sending 5-10 safe harbor emails a day until it finally wore me out.

Last edited:
Kruppy said:
I follow ebay daily. In the last year there has been constant, and I mean constant fradulent Martin Logan auctions. I've seen copies of photos from real auctions and from Audiogon pop up roughly 6-9 months later on scams ebay auctions. I was at one point sending 5-10 safe harbor emails a day until it finally wore me out.

Buyer AND seller, BEWARE!

That creep had the nerve to email me today. He wants my bank account number and my address. He also stated that he expects to pay $1000 for the amp because he has to pay tax in Sweden. What b a l l s.

Here it is: Hi Seth! Tomorrow shall I check up so it's not a too big operation to get it run into 220v, if it's not I'l tranfer the money, wednesday or thursday and fix with the skipping. I'l ned your address,phonenumbers. Banknumber, name, address and your bankaccountnumber, check with your bank which information we need.
In the end I hope it's ok that the official price is 1000 $ because I have to pay tax on the deal here in Sweden.
What yearmodel is it? mvh Ingemar

aliveatfive said:
That creep had the nerve to email me today. He wants my bank account number and my address. He also stated that he expects to pay $1000 for the amp because he has to pay tax in Sweden. What b a l l s.

Here it is: Hi Seth! Tomorrow shall I check up so it's not a too big operation to get it run into 220v, if it's not I'l tranfer the money, wednesday or thursday and fix with the skipping. I'l ned your address,phonenumbers. Banknumber, name, address and your bankaccountnumber, check with your bank which information we need.
In the end I hope it's ok that the official price is 1000 $ because I have to pay tax on the deal here in Sweden.
What yearmodel is it? mvh Ingemar
Either this is a scam or this guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed!!!

Hmm....?

Why would he need YOUR account number? If anything a routing number is usually used for Bank to Bank transfers? I'm about to put my Odyssey's up for sale on audiogon, hopefully it won't be viewed as a scam!
Please keep us posted as you listen more to the amp?

Statman said:
Why would he need YOUR account number? If anything a routing number is usually used for Bank to Bank transfers? I'm about to put my Odyssey's up for sale on audiogon, hopefully it won't be viewed as a scam!
Please keep us posted as you listen more to the amp?
I buy and sell on Audiogon alot and have never had a problem, I think most of the people are great, You will always have some bad.

Latest posts

Back