Audio web site

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No disrespect intended(and you do have a great sytem) but theirs no way way on God's green earth that I could live with those speakers. I don't have to deal with WAF(wife approval factor) and theirs still no way I'd want to look at those monsters. Speaking of WAF-can you imagine trying to get your wife to buy into that look????????

Hey Mike, nice systems. Linclon Park? I grew up in Dearborn (another downriver boy), living in Ann Arbor now.

You may of gotten better results out of that old Sunfire amp if it were not sitting directly on carpet with other equipment sitting on top of it. However from your current set up, I'm guessing you already have learned that.

I see at least three different speaker systems in the same room. Either there was some home auditioning going on, room rotation (great concept), or some of the pictures are old and not labled as such. What's going on there?

I have a stereo and mono version of Dave Brubeck's "Time out" and a worn but clean version of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon that I'd like to hear on your system (see my system #42). Vinyl rules!

There are a handfull of high end stereo shops on Woodward in Royal Oak, where else have you been going? If you come to Ann Arbor to visit Paragon, Overture or Big George's stereo stores- (don't forget The Stereo Shoppe) , I'll warm up the tube amp and show you what my system is about. I live about a block away from the BIG HOUSE (U of M football stadium) - cheers.

Last edited:
Those things are huge! Since his website says he’s 26, I would venture to guess that the WAF is not a factor because there’s probably no wife…… :D

By the way, I like the home remodeling pictures.

Kach22i:
I’ve also been to most of the audio stores along Woodward in Royal Oak (Alma’s, Gramophone….I haven’t been to Audio Dimensions yet). Up until 2 years ago I used to live in RO (currently in Rochester). I’ve also been to the Alma’s in Dearborn on Michigan Ave. I was just out in the Ann Arbor area this weekend. Drove up Huron Drive to the Dexter Cider Mill and then spent most of the day at Delhi Park with my in-laws. I’ve been meaning to ask you what audio places you hit out there…..I’m glad you mentioned them. I’m occasionally out in that area visiting my friends (and now maybe an audio store or two).

lots of Michigan people here , I to grew up near woodward ave. ( Commerce twp) I curantly live about a hr north now , but still go to those places sometimes,

kruppy , Audio Dimensions is a cool little place with alot of tube gear and big Magnapans all over , probably to big for the room , Harry Francis is the owner and will talk your ear off ,(great guy) and he also has a great vynal selection to listen to

Krelldog , I like the name , do you run Krell ?

sometime we should all hook up for coffie (or adult BEVIES) and talk audio, ;)

C.A.P said:
lots of Michigan people here ;)
Are there any new high end stores in West Bloomfield or in Troy?

PS: (don't forget The Stereo Shoppe, Ann Arbor and Lansing)

kach22i:
Pecar's on Rochester Rd north of 16mi in Troy. I haven't been there in a long long time. I think they may cater more to the HT end of business now. They carry or used to carry a lot of Def. Tech. and I think Paradigm. There used to be an Alma's a 14mi and Northwestern, I think. Cr@p, I can't remember if it's even still there. I haven't spent much time in W.B. so I'm not sure what's in the area.

C.A.P.:
I remember hearing about A.D. and the Magnepans from somebody years ago, just never made it there.

Adult beverages and stereo equipment.....what could be better than that? Ah....don't answer that.

Last edited:
no others that are mentioned , seems tht 2 channel high end audio is going to the way side of audio-vidio systems 5.1 and newer, you still cant duplicate the sound of a great 2 channel set up , I travel alot and try to listen at all the high end audio shops around the country , just listened to the B&W 800 with a German made amp(I believe it was T&A ) in CA, and a great Krell driven system that had Wilson Watt7 in Idaho, they had Logans but not the big uns

I agree that the High End shops are really pushing 5.1 and HT setups, as they are the "hot" sellers right now. With the creation of the mainstream HT Receivers, small good performing speakers, and the 5.1 DVD movies, all at a price that does not make the non-audio person faint, this makes the purchase of such a system possible. But in the stores that I visit, there are still the nice 2 Channel setups available to listen to.

Dan

DTB300 said:
I agree that the High End shops are really pushing 5.1 and HT setups, as they are the "hot" sellers right now. With the creation of the mainstream HT Receivers, small good performing speakers, and the 5.1 DVD movies, all at a price that does not make the non-audio person faint, this makes the purchase of such a system possible. But in the stores that I visit, there are still the nice 2 Channel setups available to listen to.

Dan

Where I do most of my shopping, HT is non-existant and SS and digital is few and far between.

Even in the shop where I heard the Heil's and Jolida stuff. They are primarily Tubes and Vinyl in their main room, but they still have a room for HT stuff.

kach22i said:
San Jose..................all the luck, a little out of the way. :D

That shop has great stands and racks along with great gear.

Something caught my eye...........could they drive M/L's?

http://www.soundstagelive.com/shows/hifi97/flr_6.htm

Oh, if I had money, I would not have it for long. ;)

I'm sure they could drive a pair of ML's. Maybe some day I'll get to bring the V8's home for the weekend. Brian told me that he and Scott Franklin voiced the V8's using a pair of Sound Labs. B.T.W., They are also available as mono's.

Back