ATI 1803 vs Emotiva HC-1 monoblocks (3 units)?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emotiva currently don’t offer their XPRs on Martin Logan electrostats. They offer XPA instead.

read the email they sent me on this photo attachment
No way to know if maybe this was a amp/speaker mismatch but it's good to see that they are coaching people on where their amps fit...

No way to know if maybe this was a amp/speaker mismatch but it's good to see that they are coaching people on where their amps fit...

yeah because of the bridge set up internally of their XPR set up. I guess generally eve a other amps that are bridged set up sees half the load already …..that’s why it’s no good especially for 4ohm speakers or lower

yeah because of the bridge set up internally of their XPR set up. I guess generally eve a other amps that are bridged set up sees half the load already …..that’s why it’s no good especially for 4ohm speakers or lower
Regarding XPR bridging... remember, my XPR was a five channel amp, so no bridging involved as far as I know.

Also remember that my beef with Emotiva was with their customer service, and especially their choice not to repair my XPR-5. I actually loved that amp and thought it was an excellent piece of gear, at a really attractive price point (I think it was $2K when new)!

Personally, I just hate buying stuff that is considered disposable, but maybe they have changed that policy since my experience with them...

Regarding XPR bridging... remember, my XPR was a five channel amp, so no bridging involved as far as I know.

Also remember that my beef with Emotiva was with their customer service, and especially their choice not to repair my XPR-5. I actually loved that amp and thought it was an excellent piece of gear, at a really attractive price point (I think it was $2K when new)!

Personally, I just hate buying stuff that is considered disposable, but maybe they have changed that policy since my experience with them...

from what I understood, all the xpr series…..all the channels are “bridged” internally. That’s the issue

anyways, I saw your post, and it sucks that emotiva didn’t help you out at all.

Back