Ascent panel issues

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nburnstine

Reaction score
One of my Ascent speakers lost the sound from the electrostatic panel. Here as a popping from panel. I notice the panel had slid down in the frame. The blue wire connection broke loose. I soldiered the wire back in place but still no sound. The bass seems to be working. The sound is very low barely audible. Is there a trick to soldiering the lead back in place or do I need to look elsewhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

One of my Ascent speakers lost the sound from the electrostatic panel. Here as a popping from panel. I notice the panel had slid down in the frame. The blue wire connection broke loose. I soldiered the wire back in place but still no sound. The bass seems to be working. The sound is very low barely audible. Is there a trick to soldiering the lead back in place or do I need to look elsewhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
If you take the back panel off to get to the crossover, speaker leads for the panels are screwed into place.

Maybe a wire got pulled out?

Speaking from the experience of working on the Aerius model.

Thank you for the response. Our house got struck by lightning this weekend. Both speakers are in the shop. Hopefully they can be repaired

Thank you for the response. Our house got struck by lightning this weekend. Both speakers are in the shop. Hopefully they can be repaired
See if your power supplier has a whole house suppressor. We have one that fits on the power meter outside. The company comes out and installs it.

Hola,
It is much better to take the whole panel out for a much better visual inspection. If the blue cable was ripped off, the other two, the red or the black could be ripped too. The red cable is not soldered. It is just touching the diaphragm and secured by a scotch tape. The black is soldered to the other stator. All three wires must be isolated from each other. Make sure they are well soldered (the blue and the black) to the stators.

You can prevent the panel from slipping with the aid of a little square. You can get this small square at any hardware store. Martin Logan has them too.
Happy listening!

I got metal brackets from Martin Logan to stop my Prodigy panels from sliding down. They fit pretty good at the bottom of the panel, have a hole drilled through them for one of the screws to pass through. They sent them to me free of charge.

Just takes one for each speaker. Here is a photo, mine are out now because I took my panels out to be refurbished. Metal L shaped bracket, using the pencil to stand it up.

20200813_135518.jpg

Back