Ascent i Placement Problems!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rik_Rankin said:
Unlike you schmuck, my wife actually respects me.

Sad to say I think she may be the ONLY person that does !! You have lost what little you had on this forum.

logansrun said:
First of all, what does it take for this guy to get banned, anyway?

Second, didn't he promise never to post again?

Third, does anyone have experience with a particular brand of wall treatment that works, is not too expensive, and that does not make a living room look like a recording studio? I'm thinking maybe colored panels or even fake paintings, which I think I've seen before but cannot find now.

thanks.

logansrun,
Take a look at Auralex products. They are not that expensive and may have a solutions you are looking for. I bought one single panel (2x4) for $20.00

Jeff :cool:

Jeff Zaret said:
logansrun,
Take a look at Auralex products. They are not that expensive and may have a solutions you are looking for. I bought one single panel (2x4) for $20.00

Jeff :cool:
That's a great price! Can you talk a bit about how well it works, how you are using it (i.e. - first reflection point, rear wall etc), and what it looks like.

Logansrun, I once put a moving pad on the back side of some tapestries to deaden first reflection points at my old house. It looked good and worked effectively too. If I can find some pictures of it I'll post or forward them.

twich54 said:
Rik_Rankin said:
Unlike you schmuck, my wife actually respects me.

Sad to say I think she may be the ONLY person that does !! You have lost what little you had on this forum.
Fortunately, I don't "need" your respect or approval. Unlike some of the other wives on here, I can have any speaker I want no matter how big or expensive as long as I pay for it. meanwhile you can deal with your WAF!!!!! :D

logansrun said:
First of all, what does it take for this guy to get banned, anyway?

Second, didn't he promise never to post again?

Third, does anyone have experience with a particular brand of wall treatment that works, is not too expensive, and that does not make a living room look like a recording studio? I'm thinking maybe colored panels or even fake paintings, which I think I've seen before but cannot find now.

thanks.
13 posts and you are already a big shot here. When I am being attacked, I will post to defend myself. Good luck with your girlfriend; better sell those speakers :D

Well, I will state the obvious and point out that you do seem to "need" the respect and approval, or at least attention, of the people you are criticizing, or you would have been good to your word to stop posting. Perhaps if you were actually keeping your wife happy, you wouldn't need to spend all your time antagonizing strangers.

In any event I think I will be trying some ASC products soon - they have an interesting PicturePanel product that allows you to submit photos or artwork and have it mounted as a sound absorption panel. Has anyone used those?

MiTT said:
Logansrun, I once put a moving pad on the back side of some tapestries to deaden first reflection points at my old house. It looked good and worked effectively too. If I can find some pictures of it I'll post or forward them.
That would be great, thanks.

Macho Man Rankin Invades Iraq

Rik_Rankin said:
When I am being attacked, I will post to defend myself. D

Poor widdle Macho Man, why's everybody pickin' on him? He's only exercising his Constitutional right to be a loudmouthed jerk. You show 'em who's got the biggest weenie, Macho!

Rik_Rankin said:
You are probably a fat ugly pig and I don't live on the Kansas side you fat, toothless loser a$$hole

Rik, you are one class act. When are you going to grow-up? My second grader acts and communicates with far more maturity than you do. If you didn't notice, this forum is not about you. This thread was about speaker placement not your machoism. Most members on this forum do not have the space to properly position their speakers, with or without WAF.

Enough already!

I'm sorry folks but the more useless bantering, insults, etc. that seems to occur on this site make this site less appealing to me on a daily basis. This exchange reminds me of the recent "chinese ear wax" thread.

Can't we all respect each other and respond in a respectful manner without getting into egos or whatever? Can't we all agree to get along with each other?

Honorable Webmaster, if you don't have a set of guidelines regarding appropriate manners / protocol for those who wish to use this site, may I suggest that you do so. Input from others on this idea would be appreciated.

GG

Gordon Gray said:
I'm sorry folks but the more useless bantering, insults, etc. that seems to occur on this site make this site less appealing to me on a daily basis........ Input from others on this idea would be appreciated.

GG

Gordon, trolls must be ignored - never feed them. Jeff did it in a positive, active way, by remaining on topic and sticking to the facts. On my side, I did it my way, by totally ignoring the whole thread. Just turn the page and never mind. In such cases, if I feel I can help the thread starter, I will message him personally, with whatever infos I posess and I think might help him, and just let the thread die by itself. :eek:

My response

jjqiv said:
Rik, you are one class act. When are you going to grow-up? My second grader acts and communicates with far more maturity than you do. If you didn't notice, this forum is not about you. This thread was about speaker placement not your machoism. Most members on this forum do not have the space to properly position their speakers, with or without WAF.
First, Mr. Mitt attackes my manhood from my photo. I guess I'm just too pretty for him. Seconly, I never implied this forum was about me. I was trying to help The guy who started this thread, "Logans's Rum" b y suggesting he not be a wimp and position his dream speaker's properly and learn how to say no to his girlfriend occassionally. He never indicated he didn't have the space; just that his girlfiriend was being a pain in the ass about this. You guys suggest he spend more money on room treatment. I thought the suggestion of casters to move the speakers out only when listening was quite creative, but performance is compromised it they're not spiked on carpet. I still vote for the proper positioning of the speakers and the retention of one's gonads. And to the idiot who says I never "get laid", I can only hope that you would be fortunate enough to have a wife who is a flexible giver like mine is instead of a spoiled structure inflexible taker like so many are. I am a very happily married man and I get respect in our house. Can you say the same??

Rik_Rankin said:
First, Mr. Mitt attackes my manhood from my photo. I guess I'm just too pretty for him. Seconly, I never implied this forum was about me. I was trying to help The guy who started this thread, "Logans's Rum" b y suggesting he not be a wimp and position his dream speaker's properly and learn how to say no to his girlfriend occassionally. He never indicated he didn't have the space; just that his girlfiriend was being a pain in the ass about this. You guys suggest he spend more money on room treatment. I thought the suggestion of casters to move the speakers out only when listening was quite creative, but performance is compromised it they're not spiked on carpet. I still vote for the proper positioning of the speakers and the retention of one's gonads. And to the idiot who says I never "get laid", I can only hope that you would be fortunate enough to have a wife who is a flexible giver like mine is instead of a spoiled structure inflexible taker like so many are. I am a very happily married man and I get respect in our house. Can you say the same??

Can I say the same? Yes! Very happily married with children.

Luckily, I also have my own room for my CLS's. My speakers are spiked and sit 5' out from the back wall, where I think they sound best. Could I do that in our great room where we have a HT set-up? Yes, but it would be ackward, look stupid, and my wife would be correct for not wanting it set-up that way. If it were reasonable to have the speakers set-up correctly and she didn't like the idea, I would give her a demo of the sound in both positions, she would hear the results and we would work it out. My huge vinyl collection is big bone of contension, its not going and neither is she. She has also made me agree to rebuild my wall shelf from my TT. I could live with it. But, she is right. It looks bulky and ugly and we have guests come in the room.

Rik_Rankin said:
First, Mr. Mitt attackes my manhood from my photo. I guess I'm just too pretty for him.

For the record I never did any such thing, that was jjqiv.

I'm the one who implied that you were a loud mouthed narrcissist at times and that your contributions here might be better recieved if you weren't so abrasive. I even tried to bring some humor to the situation by threatening to quit this forum myself (as a JOKE), hoping that you might see the absurdity of that kind of threat (NOBODY CARES!), that things were getting pretty silly and that you might want to lighten up yourself. Oh well, you didn't get it, no big deal.

I'll defend your right to your opinion, I just debate the value of proclaiming it so voraciously in a public forum and alienating yourself from those who you actually have a shared interest (Martin Logan speakers and audio remember?). You are one tightly wound little fella.

Last edited:
MiTT said:
For the record I never did any such thing, that was jjqiv.

I'm the one who implied that you were a loud mouthed narrcissist at times and that your contributions here might be better recieved if you weren't so abrasive. I even tried to bring some humor to the situation by threatening to quit this forum myself (as a JOKE), hoping that you might see the absurdity of that kind of threat (NOBODY CARES!), that things were getting pretty silly and that you might want to lighten up yourself. Oh well, you didn't get it, no big deal.

I'll defend your right to your opinion, I just debate the value of proclaiming it so voraciously in a public forum and alienating yourself from those who you actually have a shared interest (Martin Logan speakers and audio remember?). You are one tightly wound little fella.
thank you for that evaluation and commentary of my personhood you imbecile. The trouble started when I suggested that a certain member not act like a wimp in his own home. I had a perfectly fine solution: Get rid of the girl if she is trying to dominate you and tell you how to live in your own house. What happened to all the real men in this country? Pathetic!!

Rik_Rankin said:
thank you for that evaluation and commentary of my personhood you imbecile. The trouble started when I suggested that a certain member not act like a wimp in his own home. I had a perfectly fine solution: Get rid of the girl if she is trying to dominate you and tell you how to live in your own house. What happened to all the real men in this country? Pathetic!!

Obviously your not a man of your word for several posts ago you stated you would not post again. Just as we were all starting to rejoice I see you have interjected again with your useless dribble, could you please find a rock to crawl under or better yet ........Tom, if you read this please ban this knuckle head once and for all. I doubt if I'm alone on this setement.

Ban his Arse

twich54 said:
Obviously your not a man of your word for several posts ago you stated you would not post again. Just as we were all starting to rejoice I see you have interjected again with your useless dribble, could you please find a rock to crawl under or better yet ........Tom, if you read this please ban this knuckle head once and for all. I doubt if I'm alone on this setement.
Look who's calling who names now! I think Tom should ban you for calling me a "Knuckle head", you low life ignoramus! :D

Can't we all just get along??? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1055932468.jpg
    1055932468.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 143
Rik,
The whole "woman hater" theme just REEKS of other users that I've already banned (Tiberium and Ovature). I don't know if you're the same person getting on with different IPs or what, but please find other sites to post this kinda of stuff. There HAS to be "American Woman Hater" forums you can participate on.

:( I've banned you.

Have a nice life.

Tom.

Last edited:
Back