Ascent i Placement Problems!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rik_Rankin said:
I find your assessment of me to be offensive and inane
It is tough to look in the mirror sometimes isn't it?

My assessment of you is based solely on the majority of your posts here. Without Tom intervening before, you would have continued you slander and attacks on generalizations of people. Now, you stopped for a bit and posted some good advice and information, but here you are, back at it again. Kind of hard to change old habits isn't it?

You have attacked people and categorized their sexuality preferences based on the music they listen to (gay), you have attacked people based on their gender (women), you have categorized and attacked people based on where they live (southern), and categozied them with racist slurs (femi-nazi), and you have "promised" people that your gender opinions will ultimately come true (I Promise). These type of responses of hatred are not required to respond to posts here and are not needed in today's world. There is too much hate in this world already.

The good thing is, if you continue on this path, we will no longer have to put up with your posts here...But no matter as any more of your posts will not be read by myself and I imagine alot of othere here....

Rik_Rankin said:
I find it pathetic that a man can't place his speakers where he choices in his own house. Men are becoming wimps led by controlling feminazis in this country. Truly pathetic!
Wow ! You really know how to antagonize people ! A new member asks for advice and you start a diatribe about his willingness to compromise with his girlfriend, accusing him to be a wimp !!!

Do you ever think before writing ???

DTB300 said:
The good thing is, if you continue on this path, we will no longer have to put up with your posts here...But no matter as any more of your posts will not be read by myself and I imagine alot of othere here....
Well said ! He is certainly now on my "Ignore list" !!

Wimpus Americanous

Kaliar said:
Wow ! You really know how to antagonize people ! A new member asks for advice and you start a diatribe about his willingness to compromise with his girlfriend, accusing him to be a wimp !!!

Do you ever think before writing ???
Willingness to compromise? His girlfriend is telling him he can't properly position his speakers. So he just spent thousands of dollars for something that won't work right. This just shows you what a nation of weak wimps the men in this country have become. No need to respond and Tom doesn't need to ban me. This will be my last post on this site. I can't deal with a bunch of weak pathetic wimps any longer :mad:

Rik_Rankin said:
Willingness to compromise? His girlfriend is telling him he can't properly position his speakers. So he just spent thousands of dollars for something that won't work right. This just shows you what a nation of weak wimps the men in this country have become. No need to respond and Tom doesn't need to ban me. This will be my last post on this site. I can't deal with a bunch of weak pathetic wimps any longer :mad:
Well now you've all gone and done it: SHOOT!

I was just going to start a thread on the impact of 300B amplifiers on the Jon Benet case and was certain there would be some lively input and discussion from Rik.

Now I'll never get my chance...

POOP!

I through here too ya bunch of fat heads.

MiTT said:
Well now you've all gone and done it: SHOOT!

I was just going to start a thread on the impact of 300B amplifiers on the Jon Benet case and was certain there would be some lively input and discussion from Rik.

Now I'll never get my chance...

POOP!

I through here too ya bunch of fat heads.

No really, I mean it... :mad:

Rik_Rankin said:
His girlfriend is telling him he can't properly position his speakers.
For the record, I never said my girlfriend told me I couldn't move the speakers, and she did not.

Second, if this truly is your last post, I can only say "thanks" to you, and "you are welcome" to everyone else.

logansrun,
What about spikes for the Acents? Do you have them or are they on the original feet? You may try that or put them on a "stone" of your choosing, i.e. marble. Maybe even a mable block. This will change the sound but in reality, I think it is brightness you are referring to and the side treatment where you can or back may help. Also look at your rear wall for reflections.

I have no rear wall in my case because it is open to the kitchen and a hallway so I do not have that issue but the rear, sides are of concern for me.

Let us know how you are progressing.

Jeff :cool:

Rik_Rankin said:
Any woman who would make a big deal about some speakers being pulled out a few feet into the room will most likly be inflexible to begin with and probably pretty selfish. I make ALL of the final decisions when it comes to ANYTHING electronic in the house. My wife decides on on furniture, decor, etc with some imput from me. I don't care about those things. This arrangement works for us. One person, man or woman cannot control the entire house. The speakers belong to him. I stand by my statement! :D

Rik,
I refuse to get in to an infantile character debate. You need to not show your weaknesses and other flaws to the rest of us.
End of this discussion!

Last edited:
I like Martin Logan products.
fyi.gif

Rik_Rankin said:
Then you better get a speaker that is designed to go against the wall. I find it pathetic that a man can't place his speakers where he choices in his own house. Men are becoming wimps led by controlling feminazis in this country. Truly pathetic!

ROTFLMAO! Judging from your picture. You are truely no "Man's Man". What do you think Han's and Fran's would call you? Also, dissing Huntsville from Kansas?

Jeff Zaret said:
logansrun,
What about spikes for the Acents? Do you have them or are they on the original feet? Let us know how you are progressing.

I do have the spikes installed. It is more a soundstage/imaging and brightness problem than a bass problem. I will try the towel method as a trial to see if wall treatments make a difference, and thanks I will keep you posted

logansrun,
One other "trick" is the toe-in. You should write down the measurements as to the distance to the back wall from each side of the panels edge and if possible the sidewall. Make sure they are the same for a place to start from and then change the angle/dimensions/positioning of the Ascents and you will see/hear a difference.:eek:

jjqiv said:
ROTFLMAO! Judging from your picture. You are truely no "Man's Man". What do you think Han's and Fran's would call you? Also, dissing Huntsville from Kansas?
You are probably a fat ugly pig and I don't live on the Kansas side you fat, toothless loser a$$hole

Even knuckledraggers can enjoy Martin Logans

Rik_Rankin said:
Yeah, tell your girlfriend that you will position the speakers where they sound best in the room and if she doesn't like it she can take a hike. Otherwise, she will be controlling you for the rest of your life. It's time to be a man and take control. If she cares for you, she will understand. Otherwise she is just using you by putting her needs first. There is a stupid term in audio called the wife acceptance factor as it relates to equipment. It ought to apply just to the women themselves. My wife has learned to accept my choices in audio and other things. I refuse to be Pussi whipped. Stand up and BE A MAN!

Clearly, Macho Man Rankin never gets laid.

Rikky Boy is starting to stray !!!

hey Dan, I thinks it's time you sent your "sister" to give 'rikky" a good spanking............ then again he might like it !!!

Moron that you are

output555 said:
Clearly, Macho Man Rankin never gets laid.
Unlike you schmuck, my wife actually respects me. She got rid of all the wimps and the clueless morons like you who would make a comment like this.

please stop hijacking my thread

First of all, what does it take for this guy to get banned, anyway?

Second, didn't he promise never to post again?

Third, does anyone have experience with a particular brand of wall treatment that works, is not too expensive, and that does not make a living room look like a recording studio? I'm thinking maybe colored panels or even fake paintings, which I think I've seen before but cannot find now.

thanks.

Back