Ascent i aluminum woofer

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicman

Reaction score
Hi all,

Being not satisfy with the bass of my Ascent (original) and after reading some post here and having the opportunity of listening to a pair of Ascent "i", I decided to replace the woofer with the new aluminum ones. I am glad that I did, because I really like the new woofer, it really integrate better with the panel with better definition and punch. I find the bass a lot better and it is not burn in yet. I invite some friends over and they agreed on the bass performance being better with the aluminum woofer than the original ones. Just wanted to share my experience with other who might be interested. This is just my personal preferences.

Musicman

Hi musicman,
Do you think I could do it on my sequel II's?
Maybe this would give them faster and more dynamic bass...

Hello,

Do you have the reference of the aluminium woofer ? Mine just explosed and since I live in France, it's very difficult to get one without the reference of the woofer.

Thanks,

raphant69 said:
Hi musicman,
Do you think I could do it on my sequel II's?
Maybe this would give them faster and more dynamic bass...
Buenas...this is a better question to Mr. Jim Power. ([email protected]). He is the service manager of ML and will tell you is you could do the swapping woofers. I think that you should have no problem doing it!...happy listening,
Roberto.

fredicol said:
Hello,

Do you have the reference of the aluminium woofer ? Mine just explosed and since I live in France, it's very difficult to get one without the reference of the woofer.

Thanks,

I have order it from my dealer, but I think you can get them directly from Martin Logan or your distributor.

Musicman

I was not satisfyed with my Aeon i's bass peformance, so I added a subwoofer "Paradigm Seismic 10" which fulfilled my need for powewrful tight bass for high energy Jazz music.

17.paradigm.gif

Back