Ascent Fault

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alisdair

Reaction score
This is really a post aimed at any owners based in the UK. One of my Ascents has developed a fault - the panel doesn’t seem to energise when there is a signal and the LED doesn’t illuminate - only bass seems to be being produced. I’ve checked that power is getting to the board ok and that there doesn’t appear to be any burnt out or over heating components. I have contact both ML and their UK distributor through their websites for advice on how to get it repaired but as yet haven’t heard anything back. My question for anyone based in the UK is do you know of anywhere that takes on the repair of these wonderful speakers? I really do love them and would hate to lose them.

Best wishes to all

Al

Sounds like it is possible the high voltage board has failed.
One can swap back panels to verify.
If this is the case then the board will need rebuilding/repair or replacement...about 380 bucks last I checked.
Martin Logan support was great help when I needed them.

Thanks, yes I've been in touch with Martin Logan support and their Uk distributors. I swapped the back panels and the fault followed the panel. I've been told that they are sourcing the board and I should hear soon when it will arrive. 🤞

Quick update; managed to get a new power supply from the US via the UK distributors. Now fitted and everything back to normal. 👍😅

Thanks for the update, Alisdair. I have Ascents and fortunately this hasn't happened to me but it's always good to know that ML support is still there. I hope things are good for you now!

Back