Are you guys getting redirected to the new site??

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Staff member
Reaction score
I moved domains yesterday morning. My provider (SBC) still hasn't received the update so that www.martinloganowners.com points to the new site.. It still points to the old site.

How many of you guys have the domain pointing to the new site?

Tom.

Peter_Klim

Reaction score
TomDac said:
I moved domains yesterday morning. My provider (SBC) still hasn't received the update so that www.martinloganowners.com points to the new site.. It still points to the old site.

Tom.

Hi Tom,

I can't quite remember what I did.

Well duh, Let me try it again (I have the old and new site bookmarked still). My old favorite points to:

http://www.martinloganowners.com/index2.html

and that took me to a "HTT 404 Not Found" white page.

Then in the address field I cleared the last part of the URL (the "/index2.html") and resent it and it gave me the new site at:

http://martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/

The new URL is what I use now.

I hope this info helps!

Craig

Reaction score
Old site is not forwarding to the new one

No, I'm not getting directed to the new site. Fortunately, I went to the new site and saved the link before the old one shut down. I'm hope there aren't a lot of members out there wondering what happened to the old site and don't where the new one is. It's as if you moved to a new home and didn't leave a forwarding address. Love the new site though.

TomDac

Staff member
Reaction score
Craig said:
No, I'm not getting directed to the new site. Fortunately, I went to the new site and saved the link before the old one shut down. I'm hope there aren't a lot of members out there wondering what happened to the old site and don't where the new one is. It's as if you moved to a new home and didn't leave a forwarding address. Love the new site though.
You should be fine now, Craig.

Tom.

G

GVera

I had a link directly to the forum in my Favorites.
It didn't redirect me.
After a couple of tries getting the 'Page not found' error I tried to access the main page an the new site appeared.

Regards
GV

TomDac

Staff member
Reaction score

Nick

Reaction score
You can make a custom 404 with a META redirect to catch everyone going to old bookmarked pages. This would also take care of other external links and cached pages in search engines.

Your other (and better) option if you have access is to make a .htaccess redirect to the new site.

Cheers,
Nick

Last edited:

Jeff Zaret

Reaction score
Tom,
It appears to be working from home. When I tried it at work this afternoon I had to put in the new url. It may be a firewall issue at work. The governemnt can be such a pain at times. :D
BTW How come I do not show up in the members list. I think I registered correctly. Your check is on its way in the U.S. "Snail Mail"

Jeff

TomDac

Staff member
Reaction score
Nick said:
You can make a custom 404 with a META redirect to catch everyone going to old bookmarked pages. This would also take care of other external links and cached pages in search engines.

Your other (and better) option if you have access is to make a .htaccess redirect to the new site.

Cheers,
Nick
Hey Nick...

That is SO greek to me! :eek: ha ha. I have no idea what you're talking about.. Care to walk a newbie thru it? What do I need to do?

Thanks.

Tom.

Nick

Reaction score
TomDac said:
Hey Nick...

That is SO greek to me! :eek: ha ha. I have no idea what you're talking about.. Care to walk a newbie thru it? What do I need to do?

Thanks.

Tom.
Hello Tom,

A 404 page is the page that displays when you request a URL that does not exist. I am suggesting you create one of those pages (a 404 page). On it you put some text letting people know you have redesigned the site and to update their links. Then you can also put a link to the new homepage, plus you can use a META redirect to automatically kick them over after X amount of seconds.

If you want PM me your phone number and I can call you tommorow night and help explain. I can always give you a hand if needed. This is what I do for a living. I am a graphic designer/web developer.

Cheers,
Nick

Last edited:
Y

yawg

What happened to the Old ML Owners Club?

Hi Tom,

TomDac said:
... It still points to the old site.

Tom.
I was looking for the old MLOC site but couldn't find it. :confused: I was member #52 IIRC with CLS IIz, I'm living in The Netherlands.

What happened? Where are all the photos of all the owner's equipment?

Yours, Jörg.

TomDac

Staff member
Reaction score
I did not want to re-post everyone's system using my user ID, so you will have to re-post your system.

thanks.

Tom.

Latest posts