Are Purity/Source names Bass-Ackwards?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig

Reaction score
Why did the ML name the internally amplified speaker that can run directly from a source the "Purity" and the model that needs an amp/preamp between speaker and source the "Source"???

Wouldn't it make more sense to name the speaker that can run directly from a source the "Source"?

Things getting a little boring down in Tampa these days, Craig? Seems like a silly thing to get critical about.

By the same token, didn't ML paint themselves into a corner when they rolled out the original Summit? What could possibly surpass that? :D

that's what's going on over here a lot of snow! and some dam good listening
I have not heard any Janis Joplin and a little Jimi Hendrix lately and forgot how much I love that sound. not a bad way to break in my new tubes

Last edited:
By the same token, didn't ML paint themselves into a corner when they rolled out the original Summit? What could possibly surpass that? :D

A whole new series to follow: the Troposphere, the Stratosphere, the Mesosphere, the Thermosphere, the Exosphere, Space the Final Frontier :)

I have often thought the same thing about the Depth and Descent. I get them confused a lot. It seems to me the Depth implies a certain amount of 'lowerness'. Clearly I have too much free time.

Things getting a little boring down in Tampa these days, Craig? Seems like a silly thing to get critical about.

So writing a review of the ML website is a fun day in Hunstville?

Last edited:
I work. That's usually when we find plenty of time to be critical about silly things!:eek:

Last edited:
Why did the ML name the internally amplified speaker that can run directly from a source the "Purity" and the model that needs an amp/preamp between speaker and source the "Source"???

Wouldn't it make more sense to name the speaker that can run directly from a source the "Source"?

I've thought the same thing Craig!! I just wasn't quick enough to post about it. The names totally get me every time I think of them. I sometimes get them wrong. Stuipd really. The internally amplified one should be the "Source" because it IS the source!

Back