ARC SP-16.....tube rolling anyone ??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
I know I'm starting to get itchy over the upcoming release of ARC's new LS-26 pre-amp but at the same time I'm contemplating swapping out the 12AX7's in my current SP-16, those of you with this pre, what have you "rolled" with success??
I did have good results in my Jolida integrated with GE 12AX7WA NOS Selects that I got from Charlie Kittleson of Vacum Tube Valley.

twich54 said:
I know I'm starting to get itchy over the upcoming release of ARC's new LS-26 pre-amp but at the same time I'm contemplating swapping out the 12AX7's in my current SP-16, those of you with this pre, what have you "rolled" with success??
Running 1950 RCA Long Plates in mine and loved the change from the stock EH's. In the future I may try out some Mullard's or Telefunken's just to experience their sound qualities.

I got my tubes from Vintage Tube Service. Andy (?) is a great person to talk to about the different tube manufacturers and the type of sound they will give you. If interested in some of his stuff, make sure to call him on the phone and talk with him. But he is a one person operation and it takes time to ship once you place an order - mine were shipped two weeks after order.

Here is the site: http://www.vintagetubeservices.com/

Dan

Latest posts

Back