ARC REF 110 to Drive Summits

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aliveatfive

Reaction score
Well maybe it's the Joey syndrome, but I broke down and ordered one today. My dealer says it is an amazing amp, one of the best he's heard. It should arrive in about 2 weeks and I'll post reactions to it at that time. In the interum, I'll have to figure out how to pay for it. As a consequence, my ARC VT 100 III is up for sale.

Wow Joey...... you'll be a very young doctor to already have a syndrome named for you! :D

Congrats ! It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the difference since the VT100mkIII is no slouch. I assume it did a wonderfull job driving your Summitt's.

Terry @ Overture in Wilmington has been after me to "come in" for a listen, I keep telling him "me and my wallet" are happy with my Plinius, thank you very much !

I'm looking foward to the review and some pics.

twich54 said:
Congrats ! It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the difference since the VT100mkIII is no slouch. I assume it did a wonderfull job driving your Summitt's.

Terry @ Overture in Wilmington has been after me to "come in" for a listen, I keep telling him "me and my wallet" are happy with my Plinius, thank you very much !
IMO, He is another audio basher, if he doesn't sell it. If he doesn't sell it, it's no good. That guy even suggested I throw out perfectly good Madrigal cable and replace it with that ridiculously overpriced MIT stuff. All that man knows is greed

ARC REF 110 magic...

aliveatfive,

An incredibly excellent choice. I'm starting to get really envious that you contracted, "The Joey Syndrome". :p :D

:) Will your new amplifier look something like this?

Attachments

• room1center.jpg
    room1center.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:
Summits and ARC Ref 110...

aliveatfive,

I trust we can convince you to post your most excellent system in the 'Member Systems' section of The ML Club... :D Your super system would be a great addition to our site... - Summit soon to be with your ARC Ref 110 amp. :D ;) :D

Robin said:
aliveatfive,

I trust we can convince you to post your most excellent system in the 'Member Systems' section of The ML Club... :D Your super system would be a great addition to our site... - Summit soon to be with your ARC Ref 110 amp. :D ;) :D

Hi Robin -

A million years ago I posted system pics when I got the Summits. I did not post them in "Member Systems," however. If you guys really want, I'll post pics again. In the meantime, here's a pic of the REF110 from the ARC website.

Attachments

• Ref110.jpg
    Ref110.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 385
Cool Amplifier...

aliveatfive,

The ARC Ref 110 amplifier looks so cool. :D Yes, I'd love to see the photo's of your system. I must have forgotten, which thread were they posted in..., Sorry about that. :eek:

Yes.... the Joey Syndrome is one baddd disease!!

Robin... I seriously almost flipped off my chair because I thought you just bought yourself a pair of the Wilson Maxx2s!!!

Aliveatfive... congrats on the wonderful amp!!

Joey_V said:

Robin... I seriously almost flipped off my chair because I thought you just bought yourself a pair of the Wilson Maxx2s!!!

Joey -

Since you're an aspiring MD, what are the possible cures for the syndrome? I've been afflicted since I was your age and I've not been able to find a cure.

Joey_V said:

Joey,

I think the Wilson's in the picture are the X-1's? Powered by an Ayre amp for the high end and a pair of Levinson 33H amps for the low end. There is no known cure. I've been fighting it for 20 years. :D

These are the Maxx 2's.

storevtlwilsonsystemmx6.jpg

I have listened to them many times at Brooks Berdan's store here in So Cal.

Aliveatfive,

Congratulations on a great amp! I'm starting to feel that disease come on again but no money to help it grow even more out of control! ;)

Last edited:
aliveatfive said:
Joey -

Since you're an aspiring MD, what are the possible cures for the syndrome? I've been afflicted since I was your age and I've not been able to find a cure.
Aliveatfive, wow, that´s one of the best sounding amps on the martek today!! happy listening,
Roberto. :D

ARC Ref 110 Amplifier...

aliveatfive,

I'm definitely going to try to find a dealer in order to audition the ARC amplifiers. Some of the reviews I've read about the ARC Ref 110 are really stellar... ;)

aliveatfive said:
Joey -

NIH is currently doing some case-control studies and a prospective cohort study on this at the moment. Also, I hear that Canada is conducting a randomized clinical trial on possible treatment regimens.

;)

Back