Apple Spatial Audio on ML Atmos HT

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barjohn

Reaction score
I just completed setting up my full 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos setup, configuration is all "WISA Wireless", Front Let & Right mains ML Classic 9s on 250W Mono-blocks with EISA receivers, SoundSend Transmitter, Center ML Motion 8 on 200W Monoblock using 2 channel receiver with second channel connected to ML 800X subwoofer, Surrounds are ML Motion 15s on 2 channel Receiver connected to 60W/ch 2 channel amplifier and overheads are Monoprice Amber 24434 speakers each on 30W mono amp with their own receiver. Playing back Apple Spatial Audio is simply mind blowing. Once you start listening to spatial audio it makes 2 ch stereo feel like it is missing something. Of course my system can play back 2 ch stereo just fine and until I heard spatial I thought it sounded incredibly good but spatial just sounds more like being at a performance with not only a super wide sound stage that extends well beyond the speakers but instruments can be pinpointed with extreme accuracy. It is most noticeable on jazz and symphonic recordings. A symphony sounds very close to being there with instruments where they are normally located in a symphony and more dynamic range and you can not only hear the music but actually feel the music like you do in a live performance. I have included photos of my layout (note I identify the electronics in my fireplace for the front and in the attic for my surrounds and height speakers.

Attachments

• IMG_0764.JPG
    IMG_0764.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0765.JPG
    IMG_0765.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0763.JPG
    IMG_0763.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0762.JPG
    IMG_0762.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0761.JPG
    IMG_0761.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 14
I don’t have height channels yet but I agree the spatial audio mixes do a much better job than other tech I’ve heard to turn music multichannel

While it would be more difficult to do and my wife would probably never approve, I would love to add two SVS Prime Elevations to the fronts right up to the ceiling to enable Auro3D. For now, that is off into the future.

Back