Anyone using Richard Gray power products?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

leaderc

I ordered a pair of these over the weekend (RP400 pro) for my two circuits powering my system. My home is older and has many power fluctuations. I was just wondering if anyone has them installed and what they think of them?

Charles

leaderc said:
I ordered a pair of these over the weekend (RP400 pro) for my two circuits powering my system. My home is older and has many power fluctuations. I was just wondering if anyone has them installed and what they think of them?

Charles
Good products are not cheap, more is not always better though.

Why did you order them right away instead of doing some on-line research first?

Big sale?

Read a favorable review?

I did research them quite a bit before ordering. I was just wondering if anyone here on the ML board had first hand experience with them in their respective systems?

I have really dirty power in my house, and the RG seemed like one of the few products that could make up for the small dips in power we seem to experience.

leaderc said:
I did research them quite a bit before ordering.
My bad.

I have heard/read about them before, nothing bad - which is a good start.

Last time I really read something on the topic was on PS Audio. If I recall correctly "Gray" was the "favorite of the week" before "PS" made the spotlight.

There seems to be a pattern of new kid in town is the greatest thing since sliced bread, then everyone joins the bandwagon, then someone ****es in the pot, then a new kid or new product from an old kid shows up and the cycle starts over.

I like the Gray logo, hope it makes pretty with the power supply as well.

I have been looking at their products also. It seems everytime you read a good reveiw on a power product another article will come out playing down the need or even saying it may hurt more them help. I know Naim discourges the use of power treatment. Still looking to try, Post your thoughts on the RG pro when you get them.

let us know your experience. i looked at them quite a bit but never tried it in my system (always at the dealer). it may be a good idea for an amp that is plugged into the wall as it will treat all pieces plugged into the same circuit, not just the ones plugged into the unit itself. if it works in this respect, i would audition it. let us know.

Thanks all for the replies. I'll get a review posted once they're in place and break in is complete.

Charles

I forgot to mention that perhaps its a good idea to get your power cleaned up as it enters the house. I had a bad ground line coming into my house, the power company fixed it for free.

I then had an electrician come in and give me some dedicated circuits for the stereo and the computer - they put in a whole new panel.

Richard gray 1200s

I have generally clean power and I have devoted 20 amp circuits to my system.
I noticed improvement in the video; my audio equipment is at least protected by lightening strick with this power conditioner. I did not see hany filtering or sound degradation with the RG introduced into the system.

Clean power is everything. Sometimes it is worth have testing done to see what are your voltage fluctuations, if you have devoted circuit installed easily, if you have ground feedback occuring. Soem people wire with armor cable to the circuit to help reduce the ground feedback problem
Tim

timinwi said:
my audio equipment is at least protected by lightening strick with this power conditioner.
Tim

Hi,
NEVER assume your equipment is safe from a lightning strike as long as it is plugged in. It doesn't matter WHAT you use for a conditioner or protection...when the lightning may have travelled MILES through the air to get to the house, do you think that a bit of protection gear will stop it?

Our house was hit by lightning (actually a tree in the back yard got hit, then it went to the house via a steel cable...the dogs run) when I was growing up, it did LOTS of damage to unlikely things, like pans stacked in kitchen cabinets with arc holes burned through them, and vinyl siding blown away from around the cold water faucet on the outside of the house. The steel bracket where the dogs run attached to the house was melted, and the house scorched for about a foot around it, the cable itself was vaporized, no trace of it was ever found. There were trenches in the ground radiating out from the tree where the roots went, one trench stopped when it hit an aluminum lawn chair, then started again on the other side...scary stuff.

Lightning can overpower ANY protection device, unplugging equipment is the only real protection, and even that may not be enough (like the pans in the kitchen, nowhere near wires, and they still got ruined).

Peter

Back