Anyone Passively Biamping w/ Rotel 1075

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

attyonline

Reaction score
I may be buying a Rotel 1075 to passively biamp my Aerius i speakers. Anyone have experience with the amp or another with passive biamping. If so how did it sound, any improvement?

I do not have experience with the 1075. I have used 2 rotel 1090s to biamp my ascent i's. I have also used the rotel 1080 on the ascet i's. The 1080 was too bright for my liking. The 2 1090s sounded much better but were still just a little bright for my liking. I am now biamping the ascents with a 1090 on the woofers and a Jolida 1000A tube integrated on the panels and I love it.

Dan

Lots of discussions regarding bi-amping already

attyonline said:
Anyone have experience with the amp or another with passive biamping. If so how did it sound, any improvement?

Do a search with "bi-amp" as keywords and you'll come up with a bunch of threads discussing this topic. Here are a few that I got involved with:

Tube amp for Odyssey
Bi-amping and bi-wiring variations
Bi-amping basics

Bi-amping with tubes on the panels and solid-state on the bass is the way to go, IMHO.

Good luck
Spike

Back