Anyone here go from a Logos to a Theater i?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Statman

Reaction score
I have been thinking out loud for months and since Christmas is approaching if I should sell my Logos and buy the Theater i. I'm tired of waiting for the Stage to appear and am hoping that the Theater i might match my Odyssey fronts tonally a little better than the Logos? Wasn't the Logos meant to vocally match the Requests? The first time I ever heard the Logos at the dealer that's the way it was set up? I ended up with the demo! :D

Theater i... a truly awesome experiance....

Statman said:
I have been thinking out loud for months and since Christmas is approaching if I should sell my Logos and buy the Theater i. I'm tired of waiting for the Stage to appear and am hoping that the Theater i might match my Odyssey fronts tonally a little better than the Logos? Wasn't the Logos meant to vocally match the Requests? The first time I ever heard the Logos at the dealer that's the way it was set up? I ended up with the demo! :D
Stateman,

Theater i is a versital, powerful center channel speaker, with dynamic range unequaled for center channel speakers... The Theater i is a huge center channel speaker. IMHO, that is how center channels should be made, as the center channel speaker is soooo important in HT, properly driven of course... ;)
Theater i has a large, detailed, convex dipole electrostatic speaker combined with, a three soft cone speaker array (at center), in addition to two 61/2 inch woofer speakers on either side. If you need a totally awesome center channel speaker buy the Theater i... :D I don't think, the 'Stage' is going to be as massive as the Theater i, but it will cost the same as the Theater i.

What ever you decide ML is always a good choice... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Statman said:
Hola. IMHO I think that the Theater i is a better version than the Logos. It is more dynamic and the voices are more articulated. The panel size is about the same and the tweeters (3) are better matched (to my ears). If you can't wait for the new modelo, grabb one of these, you will be very happy with it. Hope his can help, happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

Zip3kx07 said:
Modelo? What is this Roberto? The Theater i's replacement and Stages bigger brother?

I believe it was a typo....should have been Model instead of Modelo....

But I could be wrong here and we will have to wait for Roberto to clarify.

DTB300 said:
I believe it was a typo....should have been Model instead of Modelo....

But I could be wrong here and we will have to wait for Roberto to clarify.

I will bet the farm you are right.

Sorry if I am a little jumpy, I have been trying to confirm the rumor about the upgrade of the theater center.

Zip3kx07 said:
I will bet the farm you are right.

Sorry if I am a little jumpy, I have been trying to confirm the rumor about the upgrade of the theater center.

I hope you're right? ;)

Statman said:
I hope you're right? ;)

Hay Vern, long time no see.

The Theater is I think the best center channel Martin Logan has ever produced to date.

With that being said they do have the Stage center channel in the works that should get released very soon. Rumor has it the stage is like the theater center only smaller, around the size of the cinema center but with Xstate technology can supposedly produce a sound that’s equal if not exceed the theaters performance, at around the theater i's current price tag.

Rumor also has it there is a new version of the theater center in the works that will tonally match the summits and vantage, with Xstat technology and powered woofers. That’s what I am trying to find out more about.

The last rumor floating around is a new version of the Descent subwoofer, but there is nothing known about it other then there may be an upgrade available for current descent owners.

Take care

Statman, me too - I have been waiting almost a year!

Joe, that sounds interesting re new replacement for Theater. I was also waiting for the Stage, but I have found out it will not be around until about June next year - it is still in the prototype stage.

So I was thinking of ordering the Theater I as a replacemment for the Cinema - now you have mentioned the Theater I replacement I don't know! I wonder if there will be any upgrades for existing owners?

Also, I wonder what would match better with the Ascent I's. You said that the replacement was meant to tonally match the Summit's and Vantage's - so would I be better off with the Theater I anyway?!

Always questions and decisions to be made!! :)

Zip3kx07 said:
The Theater is I think the best center channel Martin Logan has ever produced to date.
Joe...I would also agree here that the Theater is the best Center that ML has to offer...but... I still think it is significantly over priced for what you are getting.

Dan

Zip3kx07 said:
Modelo? What is this Roberto? The Theater i's replacement and Stages bigger brother?
Hola, Dan is correct as always...typo error. My mistake, please sorry my spelling! I ment: model.
The Stages was supposed to came out in the midle of the last year, but went back to the design bench, due to trying to improove it, because the Theater i still was better. Perhaps it would come out on this January. There are a lot of rumors, and the truth is: we better wait until it comes out.
The new models, Summit and Vantage, are very good sounding speakers, and they impress everybody because of their high quality sound over the entire audio bandwith. On the other hand, the Theater i is the best current model of ML for center channel...and it has being nominated as a "product of the year" in many countries. You all know that I represent ML here in Costa Rica, but I could sell any high-end brand with no problem, and I don´t. Why? Because I trust my ears, becasue I love ML sound, becasue I get the best service of the world, because as a user, I´m one of you too! Here in Costa Rica we have to pay high import taxes to get our goods, and I do my best to keep as closed as I can, to the suggest U.S. retail price.
My final advise is, if you can´t wait for the Stage, get one Theater i, you won´t be dissapointed! Happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

roberto, I actually called ML a couple of weeks back and they told me that it will not be out until next June time. They have not finished the prototyping yet. I would suggest that January you will not be seeing a new center speaker.

Cheers
Marc.

marck said:
roberto, I actually called ML a couple of weeks back and they told me that it will not be out until next June time. They have not finished the prototyping yet. I would suggest that January you will not be seeing a new center speaker.

Cheers
Marc.
Hola Marc...thanks a lot...now we all know!!! About thee months ago, I was told by my salesman at ML that perhaps in January, that´s why I said it with hope, too. Thanks again for the clarification!
Pura vida,
Roberto.

Yep, I was told the same - so that is why I have waited a year for it :(

So now I think the time has come to swap for the Theater. And it may actually work better with the Ascent's then the new Stage (which may well be better suited with the Summit and Vantage)

Happy listening!
Marc

Latest posts

Back