Anyone have experience with Seaton speakers?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert D

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the avsforum is not, I think it's independent.
Sorry had a few drinks before posting that. Just seemed suspicious that the user claimed to have had bose for 10 years at the age of 23, and then most of their posts on the forum after are selling something. I may have been wrong, I do get a little suspicious after a couple of drinks.

People I respect really like Seatons for HT. And for many, they would be preferable over any ESL for HT, or if tastes are more for EDM-type music.

Knowing how hard it is to get the room acoustics right for ESL surround, it's not something I'd lightly recommend to anyone.
And from my experience with the Elac UniFi series I run in the media room, I've become a true believer in coaxial dynamic speakers.

But if you want really kick-a$$ audio for home theater and have the bucks, nothing like a trio of MartinLogan 40XW in-wall line arrays along the front, along with 4 Monument 7XW for the sides/surrounds

People I respect really like Seatons for HT. And for many, they would be preferable over any ESL for HT, or if tastes are more for EDM-type music.

Knowing how hard it is to get the room acoustics right for ESL surround, it's not something I'd lightly recommend to anyone.
And from my experience with the Elac UniFi series I run in the media room, I've become a true believer in coaxial dynamic speakers.

But if you want really kick-a$$ audio for home theater and have the bucks, nothing like a trio of MartinLogan 40XW in-wall line arrays along the front, along with 4 Monument 7XW for the sides/surrounds
Good to know. Those Seatons are self amplified, so that's great too. Something to consider for HT. The price is pretty good when you consider that. 2000 watts each speaker.

Those Martin Logan top of the shelf speakers look amazing. We have a member on here that just built a theater with them. I'd live to hear that!!

Those Seatons look really interesting... As a Tannoy owner (as well as SL3's), I love the coincident driver arrangement. However, I don't know how they call it a floor-stander, with the tweeter just about 20 inches off the floor. That's Heresy territory. I'm sure they sound Nothing like Martin Logans.

Those Seatons look really interesting... As a Tannoy owner (as well as SL3's), I love the coincident driver arrangement. However, I don't know how they call it a floor-stander, with the tweeter just about 20 inches off the floor. That's Heresy territory. I'm sure they sound Nothing like Martin Logans.
If you look at the pictures, they make some sort of base for the speakers if you have them floor standing. That gets them way up to the proper height. I cant knock their sound unless I have heard them. Im happy with what I have now, but was curious about these because Ive never heard of them and the price isnt out of this world.

speakers.jpg

Back