Anybody using a Salamander Archetype audio rack?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
Since replacing my Oppo BDP 95 with the (taller) 205, I've had to rearrange and crowbar everything into my old StudioTech rack, so looking for a replacement. The Salamander Archetype, unlike most others, offers infinitely adjustable shelf placement, but I'm wondering how stable that design is. It's rated to handle 250 lbs.

SALA5BX_000.jpg

I would get the 5 shelf model, with casters, and double up two shelves on the bottom to hold my amp (85 lbs). For anybody using one of these, are you happy with it? Does it have any wobble?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi Alan, I have not personally experienced the Archetype system, but love, love, love the Salamander Synergy system.

The Synergy is rock solid, and very adjustable (although if stacking there are some elements that are fixed).

Mine is twin 7' units + a TV side-bar (it holds my Home Automation tower PC and other things like audio switchers). It is huge, and rock solid.
Over the 18 years I've had it, I've really enjoyed the adjustability of shelves, as I've changed a good bit of gear over that time. Never wished for another rack.

Just saw this post. I use the Salamander Archetype system (on casters) and am very happy with it. I double up home theater with music listening, so I have three sets of four shelves placed under the wall-mounted OLED TV. Glad I went with the casters. Seems to work quite well for me.

I've been using the Salamander Archetype rack for a few months now, and am very pleased with it.

Rack (1).jpg

Unfortunately, it is a bit more wobbly than my old StudioTech rack, but stable enough, even with the casters. FYI, the turntable is a Gramovox Floating Record turntable which I backed on Kickstarter. I plan to give it to my daughter and replace it with a "big boy" turntable later this year.

Last edited:
I used to have a Salamander Synergy rack, and found that it was not solid enough for me. It really needed spikes to be used on a carpet, but that was not an option. I then decided that I needed something lower, so I sold it and repurposed a wooden stand I had.

Back