any views on the martinlogan stage?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike67

Reaction score
hi, any members had any experience with the new stage centre ? how is it compare to the theater i?

I still think the Stage is better than the Theater i. I currently own the Stage and have owned the Theater i.

The Stage however is easier to accomodate and will arguably match better with the new XStat models (Vista, Vantage, Summit).

I have had a stage in my system for several months as part of an M-L surround sound (Summits, Descents, Script-i). Once broken in, it is a terrific center channel and matches well with the Summits. I have heard the theater and the Stage definitely has better bass response and blends seamlessly with the ESL panels. Because the center channel is so important in theater systems, it would make sense to go with the Stage if you could rather than the Theater or Cinema.

I was wondering guys.... is it true that the ML center channels are brighter than the ML ESL? I remember hearing a Cinema and the first thing that popped into my head was "bright"... I assume the tweeter included in the CC is the reason for this...

Right or wrong?

Joey

I was wondering guys.... is it true that the ML center channels are brighter than the ML ESL? I remember hearing a Cinema and the first thing that popped into my head was "bright"... I assume the tweeter included in the CC is the reason for this...

Right or wrong?

Joey

I never found my Cinema or Theater center bright. I did have blinding problems with my Ascents and Cinema/Theater, but adjusting the placement of my Ascents fixed that.

I never found my Cinema or Theater center bright. I did have blinding problems with my Ascents and Cinema/Theater, but adjusting the placement of my Ascents fixed that.

What about "brighter than..." the ESL? It wasnt bright to the point of pain or uncomfortableness, I just noticed it was ever so slightly brighter than the ESLs (Scenarios).

Joey

What about "brighter than..." the ESL? It wasnt bright to the point of pain or uncomfortableness, I just noticed it was ever so slightly brighter than the ESLs (Scenarios).

Joey

Sure I have noticed that on certain setup’s, pulling the center channel out can soften this or moving the ESL’s closer the wall can brighten them up a little to match the center channel.

Back