Any NuForce Amp users?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TonT

I have been reading a few reviews on these low cost, lightweight, analog switching amplifiers. It almost sounds too good to be true. Any experience or any views on using these with ML Odysseys or other ML models?

http://www.nuforce.com

Thanks!

TonT said:
I have been reading a few reviews on these low cost, lightweight, analog switching amplifiers. It almost sounds too good to be true. Any experience or any views on using these with ML Odysseys or other ML models?

http://www.nuforce.com

Thanks!
Hola...I did try them and I had some loss of high frequency level. They didn´t like my CLS IIz. Also I tried them with a pair of Ascent i, and got the same result. At the bass and mid range, they were good, a little too much digital sound, to fast. This is my liking and does not mean that you might not like them. Very light, nice build, nice look, nice connectors, driving cones are great!, but not for electrostatic to my ears...
Cheers,
Roberto.

Hi Roberto!
Do you have any suggestions for digital or switching amps that can handle ML's.
Vinod.

vinodk said:
Hi Roberto!
Do you have any suggestions for digital or switching amps that can handle ML's.
Vinod.
Hola. It is very difficult to recommend something because my "liking" and "musical taste" could be different, but I listened the Audio Research 150.2 amp. It is a class T, not D. When I listened to this amp, I was very touched by its good quality sound...big scenario and right in "timbre". Again, to my humble ears, it did a very good job. I don´t know the price, but I was told that it is not too expensive. Happy listening,
Roberto.

I wonder what difference it would make if you got ones modified by Rick Schultz at EVS?

For Christmas I got myself a pair of Ref9s.
After listening for a couple of weeks, I am very favourably impressed. Superb bass, extremely fast and transparent, even for mid and high notes. Great for vocals, where it seems to help to distinguish different voices (tried some of the Eagles and BeeGees harmonies on DVD - where the guys are sharing a single mike). There seems to be indeed a touch of highs gone, but not disturbingly so. Especially at louder levels, bass is very lean, immediate or punchy. My ears like it a lot, so I will definitely keep them. Great bargain for 2500 US$ - moreover, if it wasn't for my Home Cinema LFE set-up, I could probably get rid of my REL Storm sub! (Although.... bass management of the Denons is quite good...)

I am using my Denon AVC-A1SR as a pre-amp, with DNM interconnects.
I haven't experimented yet with speaker cables or mains cables.
My next improvement is to try out NuForce's P-8 pre-amp for direct analog connection to my Denon DVD-A1XV.

By the way, find some interesting NuForce discussions on the forum below:
http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewforum.php?f=83&sid=b648d316e4ed677ff052533c8a69c42e

Finally, great service and support from NuForce salesteam. They shipped it for free to Asia.

Back