Any Known tweaks for Mosaic and Fresco?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarigaad

Reaction score
All,

I am proud new owner of both the Mosaic and Fresco. It is hard to believe that these speakers could sound better. But.....

Any tweaks (besides the speaker spikes) out there?

I have berber in the basement with concrete underneath.

Thanks in Advance!

This really isn't a tweak (because I'm not aware of any for these speakers), but I do recommend getting the best quality cable you can afford. I've noticed that there is a BIG difference between cables. The cables that sound the very best are those that use silver in some capacity -- either pure silver, or silver-plated OFC copper.

I hope this helps -- and enjoy your awesome speakers !!! :D

Neshamah

Neshamah said:
I've noticed that there is a BIG difference between cables. The cables that sound the very best are those that use silver in some capacity -- either pure silver, or silver-plated OFC copper.
I hope this helps -- and enjoy your awesome speakers !!! :D

Silver Cables or Silver Coated cables and their sound is very subjective and they do not sound the very best in ALL systems - as you have suggested. Cables and their sound are VERY user, system make up, and room dependant. While the user should try difference types of silver and copper, to see what THEY think, silver is not the Holy Grail of cables.

While I have heard silver sound very good in some setups, no matter the cost, I have heard silver sound very bright and harsh - either in plated or solid state.

Dan

DTB300 said:
While I have heard silver sound very good in some setups, no matter the cost, I have heard silver sound very bright and harsh - either in plated or solid state.

Dan

I agree with you, of course. I should have said, silver and silver-plated cables helped the sound of MY system greatly. Your own experience may differ. ;)

Neshamah

I also own Mosaics, and found Nordost's Blue Heaven work really well, to my ears at least. That said, mention Nordost on some UK hifi forums and you best wear protective clothing, cos you going to see flames :cool:
But if you like decent control in the bass, and detail, air and a lovely lightness of touch, don't dismiss them. What I would also add is that our speakers are very good at revealing the differences in cables, amps etc, so unlike the afore-mentioned anti-cable mob, at least you really get to hear the differences :)

Enjoy the music
Regards, Magoo

magoo said:
I also own Mosaics, and found Nordost's Blue Heaven work really well, to my ears at least. That said, mention Nordost on some UK hifi forums and you best wear protective clothing, cos you going to see flames :cool:
But if you like decent control in the bass, and detail, air and a lovely lightness of touch, don't dismiss them. What I would also add is that our speakers are very good at revealing the differences in cables, amps etc, so unlike the afore-mentioned anti-cable mob, at least you really get to hear the differences :)

Enjoy the music
Regards, Magoo
Hola Magoo. In the electrostatithc models, it is recommended to leaned them on their´s back, but for the ATF Tech., what I do is leaned them towards to the front, a little bit forward, and with this array, I have much better scenario and the size of the musical instruments are better to my liking. Because ATF makes a huge scenario, if you want a more precise stage, try this. How much? About the thickness of two coins just only at their back´s feet. The Frescos are very directional and they must set up right to get the best of them. Experiment your self with this, and I wish you happy listening, "trust your ears" and enjoy the wonderful sound of ML...
Regards,
Roberto.

This certainly isn't going to be any help but I changed the flooring from tile to fake wood and that was a big improvement. Of course, sound wasn't the only reason I did this and it is a bit expensive . . . ;)

roberto said:
, but for the ATF Tech., what I do is leaned them towards to the front, a little bit forward, and with this array, I have much better scenario and the size of the musical instruments are better to my liking. Because ATF makes a huge scenario, if you want a more precise stage, try this. How much? About the thickness of two coins just only at their back´s feet.
Regards,
Roberto.

after those hours spent trying to level the damn things on my 100 yr old wooden floorboards, now he tells me :)

On a slightly more serious note, another thing I've just started experimenting with a bit is room acoustics, initially a pair of bass traps in the corners of the room behind the speakers. Early days yet, but first impressions are good, seems to have tightened up the bass lines a bit without any reduction in impact. I'm also waiting on a couple of sound diffuser panels - well, I can't knock that wall down now can I ;) so the next best thing is too try fooling the logans its not there.....will report back.

Regards
magoo

Thanks Roberto!

My Mosacis came with the deafult legs on them. I will try adjusting them tonight and will let you know.

tarigaad said:
Thanks Roberto!

My Mosacis came with the deafult legs on them. I will try adjusting them tonight and will let you know.

Hola Tarigaad. You can un-screw the legs of your Mosaics to adjust this...they come with a tight forze. Un-screw them anti-clockwise...try it, you might like it. Remember, trust your ears!!! happy listening,
Roberto.

Last edited:
Speaker Cable and IC's

Hi there,

I also use nordost blue heaven Speaker Cable and IC's with my mosiacs, while they bring amazing performance to the equation you have to tame your room a bit to compensate for the added transient energy across the spectrum. In the end this brings clearer window into your music but not before a little room work around! ;)

All,

I tried the tweak Roberto mentione. Didnt seem to help.

Thanks for all you help in advance.

Back