Any good media streamers coming out, or just released lately?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am ready to enter the streaming world. The Rose 250 looks fun but in reading the support board questions it seems the app can be shaky in use. I am seriously interested in the Auralic G1.1. The Naim is also interesting. I'm using Amazon HD now but not sure I could use it with the Naim. Anyone have experience with the Auralic? ( love the name)
Thanks
883C1618-6E0E-4B25-8E32-B9544C0A58DD.jpeg

I’ve owned this 150B for almost a year now….had a couple of small bugs early on. Mostly with the app… all bugs have been fixed with updates…they continue to improve the user experience and their customer service is extremely accommodating and focused on helping customers get the most from their devices. All in all a great streamer!

I was looking at buying a Cambridge Audio 851N, but I feel as though it's getting a little aged. Been waiting for a really decent streamer to be released around that $2k price point....what have I missed? Would mainly be used with my Synology Server.

Dan
I'm running Plex Media Server (w/Plex Pass) on my Synology DS918+. Loaded all my CDs, SACDs, Blu-rays (1080P & 4K) and Plex distributes my audio files in FLAC format and movies in 1080P and 4K (movies converted to MKV for best quality vs MP4) and automatically transcodes when necessary; which isn't often because my NAS is powerful enough for direct play and I rarely stream content outside my home unless I'm traveling or sharing with friends and family. Ready for the best part??? - IT'S FREE - - - unless you want to share your library outside your network.

Last edited:
I'm running Plex Media Server (w/Plex Pass) on my Synology DS918+. Loaded all my CDs, SACDs, Blu-rays (1080P & 4K) and Plex distributes my audio files in FLAC format and movies in 1080P and 4K (movies converted to MKV for best quality vs MP4) and automatically transcodes when necessary; which isn't often because my NAS is powerful enough for direct play and I rarely stream content outside my home unless I'm traveling or sharing with friends and family. Ready for the best part??? - IT'S FREE - - - unless you want to share your library outside your network.
I have an RS815+ that I’ve been using for around 4yrs or so. I was sending everything through DS Audio and DS Video until I picked up the Hifi Rose 150B streamer. Now everything runs through there when I’m at home, and through DS services when I’m away from home. I will take a look at the Plex Media app to see what I would get beyond the Synology service… I’ve heard good things about Plex.

Back