Any good media streamers coming out, or just released lately?

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

Stefan_DR3

Reaction score
Ok, I finally pulled the trigger. Due to the fact I was looking for both a nice pre-amp to pair with the Coda #8 amp I just purchased, and a streamer to render not only the vast library on my Synology server, but also decode DSD and MQA files....I finally decided on pulling the trigger on an NAD M12. It does everything I need it to do features wise, now to see if it will be a good sonic match for the Coda...
Nice choice! I just bought a Bluesound Node 2i and getting curious about the NAD preamps. I hope it came with the BluOS streaming module because they’re discontinued.

wink

Reaction score
Nice choice! I just bought a Bluesound Node 2i and getting curious about the NAD preamps. I hope it came with the BluOS streaming module because they’re discontinued.
I bought the BluOS module...I had to have that module to render files from my Synology and decode MQA...
I wish I could buy another XLR module to give a little more connectivity through the preamp in 2-ch..

wink

Reaction score
Still waiting for the unit to come off back order...I’m anxious to hear the overall sound quality. Especially compared to the Dac’s in my Oppo UDP-205 which I consider to be excellent. Will be mostly used in HT-bypass mode...

wink

Reaction score
Update: received the M12, sent it back, was not for me. Too much A to D and D to A in one box with no straight path analog option.
Bought a Coda FET 07x, with a Lumin D2 coming in short order for the digital side of things.

zigman

Reaction score
@amey01 Super delayed response on my part, just wanted to mention that while most DACs will separate out components to remove noise across components they do not really do it for power and other noise coming in. Of course there are exceptions like Aavik, Borresen uses Ansuz technology in some of their new stuff.

@wink, Lumin D2 is a great choice. Make sure you break it in, let it play for a couple of weeks. As far as I know you can do this without having your amp on. I had one for a bit, liked it enough to upgrade to the T2. If you have the time (and computer to host the server) you may want to try out Roon vs. their own app. Interface is better, but they do sound different. I personally think Roon works well with some pairings and not others. It worked great with the T2 but for natural or warmer sounding DACs not so much. Native app is bit perfect, from my experience Roon is not.