Anthem Direction / Dilemma

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hipgrncln

Reaction score
Looking for some guidence here. Splitting my HT and 2 channel system and have several ways I can do it. My Oddysey's belong in my 2 channel room and am currently pushing it with an Anthem MCA 50 and an AVM 30. Cannot afford a P5. Will be getting small speakers for my HT as my love is 2 channel music. Here goes.

1. MCA 50 to bi-amp 2 channel system. Purchase HK or whatever for HT.

2. Purchase P2 for 2 channel, MCA 50 for HT

3. Purchase P5 for 2 channel, MCA 50 for HT

AVM 30 to be used zone 1 and 2 if HK is not purchsed.

Please give any ideas and DIRECTION !!!!!

Bob J

Anthem P2...

Hipgrncln said:
Looking for some guidence here. Splitting my HT and 2 channel system and have several ways I can do it. My Oddysey's belong in my 2 channel room and am currently pushing it with an Anthem MCA 50 and an AVM 30. Cannot afford a P5. Will be getting small speakers for my HT as my love is 2 channel music. Here goes.

1. MCA 50 to bi-amp 2 channel system. Purchase HK or whatever for HT.

2. Purchase P2 for 2 channel, MCA 50 for HT

3. Purchase P5 for 2 channel, MCA 50 for HT

AVM 30 to be used zone 1 and 2 if HK is not purchsed.

Please give any ideas and DIRECTION !!!!!

Bob J
Bob,

I vote for the Anthem P2. I've auditioned it in my HT and just loved the wonderful sounds and power of it, ;) so I choose your #2, idea listed above.

:) I take it you auditioned the P2, as well, correct?

:D HTH

For the price of the P5 I think you can do better. Take a look at the Cary Audio CAD-500MB's. You can find them on Audiogon in the $4k range for an almost new pair and they would take your Oddyseys to a new level.

Options are good

I have never auditioned the P2, only the A5. Is there that much of a difference? The A 5 seemed to be a big step over my MCA 50.

Bob J

Anthem's A5 vs P2 Their Is A Difference...

Hipgrncln said:
I have never auditioned the P2, only the A5. Is there that much of a difference? The A 5 seemed to be a big step over my MCA 50.

Bob J
Bob,

I have only heard the difference between the A5 and the P2, as I have never heard the MCA 50. I auditioned the A5 amplifier then the P2 and their was a noteable difference is power and imaging definition, tightness and seporation. For my ears it was like night and day, the P2 amp. was simply better in all areas of sound reproduction compared to the A5. Don't get me wrong the A5 is a fantastic amp., but for musical reproduction in the ares I've mentioned the P2 was so much better, diffinately the next step up in the Anthem line-up. When you listen to both you will diffinately hear why... ;)

So I guess the vote is that a Anthem P2 bi-wired is preferable to the A5 bi-amped??? I wonder if this stands true for other manufacturers line up of amps?

Bob J

Back