Another Vote for Shawn at DaVinci Media

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Len44

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Big Thanks to Shawn Milan at DaVinci Media for his expertise in working with me to upgrade my Martin Logan Summits to Renaissance 15As. For good measure, we added the Illusion center to round out the home theater experience.

Shawn was great to work with and did all he said he would, and more.

Highly Recommended.

Will do. Have not place it into the system just yet, but in a few days.

Believe it will be quite an improvement from the Stage.
You'll love your new Illusion! I made the exact same upgrades... Summits to ESL 15's and Stage to an Illusion over the last several months... (y)

BTW, I really like your system and components. Well Done!

How do you like your Aurender?
Thx for the compliment. I'll try to post an update in the near future as it is constantly evolving!

As for the Aurender... it's an awesome piece of gear! Built like an absolute tank, but moving past the hardware it really seems to be the interface that makes it. In fact, I haven't even touched it's capabilities and occasionally get lost and can't find something. I doubt I am using anywhere near its capabilities. Originally I selected it because a) I planned to rip some amount of our 5-6K CD's to it, and b) because by adding a smaller Aurender (N100H) to the upstairs system, everything on the main system would be available upstairs for the wife. Unfortunately like many of my 'plans'... I have yet to rip a single CD it, and have basically been just using it as an expensive streamer. This is a good reminder that I need to get on that... (well, after I get my subs integrated that is)... :LOL:

Big Thanks to Shawn Milan at DaVinci Media for his expertise in working with me to upgrade my Martin Logan Summits to Renaissance 15As. For good measure, we added the Illusion center to round out the home theater experience.

Shawn was great to work with and did all he said he would, and more.

Highly Recommended.
Thank you Len, I really appreciate it. Being a small business owner in this industry can definitely be a challenge sometimes. Having wonderful customers like yourself make it all worthwhile though. It’s always so rewarding to share the passion for experiencing great sound and vision with others. Also for the record it’s Millin :)

Thank you Len, I really appreciate it. Being a small business owner in this industry can definitely be a challenge sometimes. Having wonderful customers like yourself make it all worthwhile though. It’s always so rewarding to share the passion for experiencing great sound and vision with others. Also for the record it’s Millin :)
How has Covid affected your business? I would think it doesnt affect online sales much, but in person sales at a physical store probably took a hit?

Shawn Miliin, I am so sorry! I assure you, I've got it now. Again, many, many thanks for a very positive experience, and I am so appreciative of your valuable insights and guidance. I am certainly enjoying the !5As, and will soon bring the Illusion Center online. Looking forward to doing more with you in the future.

How has Covid affected your business? I would think it doesnt affect online sales much, but in person sales at a physical store probably took a hit?
It’s definitely not been a positive. LOL In-store business is pretty much nonexistent. I’ve been doing at home demos where I drop equipment off at peoples homes for demos. And there is some Internet business but I don’t really have a huge amount because most manufacturers don’t allow dealers to advertise out of their territory. So honestly things like this forum, during Covid, have allowed me to stay in business. That’s why I truly do appreciate everyone on here beyond words. So, If anyone out there needs speakers, or electronics, or cables or anything A/V related please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I think everyone who’s dealt with me will attest that I work very hard to make sure that my customers happy every step of the way. Thanks again! Shawn

Shawn Miliin, I am so sorry! I assure you, I've got it now. Again, many, many thanks for a very positive experience, and I am so appreciative of your valuable insights and guidance. I am certainly enjoying the !5As, and will soon bring the Illusion Center online. Looking forward to doing more with you in the future.
Len please make sure you post some photos of your system. I know I love to see them. And I think many people on the forum do as well.

It’s definitely not been a positive. LOL In-store business is pretty much nonexistent. I’ve been doing at home demos where I drop equipment off at peoples homes for demos. And there is some Internet business but I don’t really have a huge amount because most manufacturers don’t allow dealers to advertise out of their territory. So honestly things like this forum, during Covid, have allowed me to stay in business. That’s why I truly do appreciate everyone on here beyond words. So, If anyone out there needs speakers, or electronics, or cables or anything A/V related please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I think everyone who’s dealt with me will attest that I work very hard to make sure that my customers happy every step of the way. Thanks again! Shawn
I.wasnt aware of the territory thing. That's bad. I'm glad your business is ok now. I will keep you in mind for the future.

I had an overwhelmingly positive experience with Shawn. The big surprise is that he is getting my Anthem MRX1140 shipped to him and will get it to me ahead of expectations. We are still waiting on a center channel speaker, but I can set up my Atmos system with the Anthem, my ML Motion FXs, ML AFX, ML 35XTis and my previous center channel. I’ve been very happy with the speakers using my Anthem 520 but obviously no Atmos.

An excellent and dedicated vendor.

Recently ordered a set of the 15a's from Shawn and it was an excellent experience from a long distance transaction. His notice of the price increase helped me avoid the added surcharge and that still is appreciated.

An easy recommendation as he is honest, straight forward, and follows up quickly.

I am still pissed that Jim Powers is not with Martin Logan but glad Shawn represents the brand honestly and capably.

Back