Another Theta bites the dust!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tsd2005

My Theta Dreadnaught II has been in my system since it was released. I replaced it permanently with a Plinius Odeon and couldn't be happier.

The VTL S400 is being moved to my music only room, and will be hooked up to my newest pair of speakers some Avalon Acoustics Eidolon Diamonds.

However I don't really miss the VTL or the Theta. The Plinius is just amazing. I can't say enough about how much I love this amp! It's just amazing. I suggest everyone go get one, yesterday!

My Summits shine with it! The quality of music in the HT is not the quality of my Music Room, but its so damn good that I don't want to walk downstairs to the music room! It really is a sweet, sweet, sweet setup.

tsd2005 said:
The Plinius is just amazing. I can't say enough about how much I love this amp! It's just amazing.
Alright!!!!!....Another member to join the Plinius Fan Club. :D You membership dues invoice will be arriving shortly. :eek:

As much as we all (Twich, TSD and myself) like the Plinius products, everyone needs to listen for themselves.

Dan

Funny name, where did it come from in the first place?

plinius.jpg

Pliny the Elder - wrote the first natural history of the world. Our cdp is nicknamed Gaius.

Kevin

have you compared the plinius with pass labs? im curious how they would go head to head. i have never heard a plinius only positive comments all the time.

Anthony A. said:
have you compared the plinius with pass labs? im curious how they would go head to head. i have never heard a plinius only positive comments all the time.
I thought I remember Twich comparing the Pass 250.5 against the Plinius SA-102 but I am sure he can jump in to confirm. But I do know that he ended up buying the Plinius SA-102.

Dan

DTB300 said:
I thought I remember Twich comparing the Pass 250.5 against the Plinius SA-102 but I am sure he can jump in to confirm. But I do know that he ended up buying the Plinius SA-102.

Dan

Anthony, I did compare (side by side) the SA-102 to the Pass Labs 250.5 driving a small pair of Maggies, 2.6 I believe up @John Ratans shop in Verona,NJ. While I have always been a Nelson Pass fan it simply came down to the fact that everything the 250.5 did well the SA-102 did better. Some have said the SA-102 is not as "tight" in the bottom end, but given the fact that I compared the two on a pair of Maggie's that was a tough one to discern. Bottom line________ I have had the SA-102 in my system for six months and I have never heard anything at or near it's price point that rivals it.

Back