Another newbie

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd

Reaction score
Hi all. I just inherited a pair of ML speakers from my step dad. I went to hook them up to my late 80’s vintage Carver equipment and found that one speaker is not producing any bass. These are sequel 2 ML’s and I can’t wait to get them working. Finding some to look at it was not difficult, I just hope he can fix it. My stepdad said they were both working fine. I guess I’ll see.

Todd welcome aboard, check all the connections on the non working woofer

Wow, that's a nice pair, how did it go?

Welcome, Todd.

Take a 9V battery with some wire and touch it on the woofer terminals and see if it moves. If not then pull the woofer and investigate further

So it ended up being those jumpers on the speaker wire terminals on the back of the speaker. It had a film on it so I cleaned them up and it works now. But now I have a new problem with my amp.

So it ended up being those jumpers on the speaker wire terminals on the back of the speaker. It had a film on it so I cleaned them up and it works now. But now I have a new problem with my amp.
Bummer!

Latest posts

Back