Another ML focus C18 center post & review

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKY888

Reaction score
First of all, I would like a shoutout to ttocs (Scott) for all the help & feedbacks

He both tried c18 center (he currently owns it) as well as Emotiva HC-1 monoblocks (he tried them a year or so ago and they did fairly well against his 3 channel krell).
For my set-up it’s purely for watching tv & movies. And ttocs (Scott) highly recommended these monoblocks especially for my goals & budget.

so recently I was able to sell my Theos, motif-x, and ATI 1803 (3 channel amp), and replaced them with classic ESL 9, focus c18, and 3 emotiva HC-1 monoblocks to power my LCR

the amps and c18 already arrived & up and running. I will pick up the ESL 9 this Sunday.

All I can say about the the focus c18 is WOW! The biggest difference between this and the motif X is HUGE! The clarity of voices even at low volume is so significant between the two center channels. The biggest difference is, now even without the LR speakers, I feel like the c18’s very WIDE soundstage is able to cover the missing sound from LR speakers while watching movies. Now my wife is telling me not to buy LR speakers anymore 😂
But that’s how wide the sound stage of the c18 is! We are very impressed with this center!

I can’t wait to pick up the ESL9 speakers this Sunday

Here is my old set up
352010FF-13A8-4BC6-A0C3-33E08D74572D.jpeg

this is what it currently looks right now , looked empty lol
46AE9412-26E1-44BA-B013-BDCB28D2AEB9.jpeg

5177DEDF-CFE4-4289-A43D-259270B41655.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you again for all the help & insights you’ve given me 🙏

The c18’s very wide sound just fills up our 13x13x8 room without even the help of LR channels 😂

the emotiva HC-1 monoblocks fit perfectly on our AV console, I’m so glad. They look pretty sexy sitting there side by side by side 🥰 Even though I’m still breaking in the center channel, I am already very happy with the monoblocks compared to my previous amp (ATI 1803). The c18 sounds very good being powered by this monoblock while watching tv & movies. I’m pretty sure that they’ll have more than enough headroom to run my LCR 💪

Back