Annoying Pilot Lights

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDH55

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm just whining... but I find the white pilot lights under my ESL 15's really annoying. Yes, I am aware that I can turn them totally off. I've got them set to dim and that is just too bright when watching anything (or even, listening) in a darkened room. I sure wish that ML had both used a rheostat, and a soft blue light just they had on my Summit's...

I agree with you 100%. Would have loved them to be the Martin Logan Blue. Hell they could have made them RGB LED's with an app for changing colors even. Sounds cheap but it would have given us options.

Ya mean, like this? Blue filter, but you gotta buy the whole pack of 10 different colors. I decided that I'd rather pay $6 vs ML $$$ with the phone app that allows you to change the color based on mood (doesn't exist).

Attachments

• ExpressionLights.jpg
    ExpressionLights.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 25
Ya mean, like this? Blue filter, but you gotta buy the whole pack of 10 different colors. I decided that I'd rather pay $6 vs ML $$$ with the phone app that allows you to change the color based on mood (doesn't exist).
Most excellent! I haven't looked under the front of my speakers yet. Is this just some kind of gel filter that you fit over the existing light?

Most excellent! I haven't looked under the front of my speakers yet. Is this just some kind of gel filter that you fit over the existing light?
No, had to tape it in place. If I recall, it sorta locks in at the top and I taped the bottom edge. The light is inside the electronics tray and I didn't want to remove it, but that would be the best way once you decide on the color and density.

i was going to say "what is this martin logan blue" of which you speak? as i peer at my sl3's glowing red lights...

I think the new Martin Logan ESL15A white light is not as sophiticated than the blue logo ML on Prodigy. So I placed a blue tape along it at the bottom f the ESL 15A speaker... What do you think about it ?

Attachments

• IMG_0401.jpg
    IMG_0401.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
i was going to say "what is this martin logan blue" of which you speak? as i peer at my sl3's glowing red lights...

I was referring to the Blue lit Martin Logan Emblem on the top of my Montis. Also I had it on my Depth I subwoofer. That emblem glowed blue.

6103449672_17fc9f6df2_b.jpg

I wonder how people put up with the blinding (bling) blue lights of their McIntosh amps.

Maybe just like I do with my Krell amp, adhere a filter to make it more dim.

Those LEDs were made by Cree for medical equipment to measure cancer in patients and originally had polished lenses on them which made them extremely focused and only visible on-axis, but D'Agostino bought all of their rejects and had them sandblast the lens so the light would be diffuse.

I wonder how people put up with the blinding (bling) blue lights of their McIntosh amps.
One person's Put Up is another person's Enjoy.

How do people put up with Country music? How do people put up with smelly candles? How do people put up with loud noises? I helped my next door neighbor buy a Mac amp specifically FOR the beautiful blue meters! He LOVES the amp, despite playing it through his vintage Cerwin Vega D-9's. He love's his system. I don't know how he puts up with it!

Latest posts

Back