Angling martin logan speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erobpaint

Reaction score
Can some one tell me what does leaning the martin logan speakers forward or backwards does to the sound. I have noticed that the new martin logans are angled a little backward.
Thanks for the help.
Ed

I would suggest you peruse the forum before you ask questions like this. This topic has been discussed in several threads, one of which is quite recent.

Can some one tell me what does leaning the martin logan speakers forward or backwards does to the sound. Ed

Ed, what Rich said, but basically it helps to align the vertical 'sweet spot'

Search the forum for 'rake angle'. The general concesus is that getting the panel upright makes the sound better when seated. However, the panel is angled back to make the speaker sound good when walking around. I have my Vantages set at a rake angle of -1.5 degrees (so tilting a bit backwards), which sounds best to my ears now. The main point is to experiment and make sure the angle is exactly correct for both speakers. I use my iPhone and an App that measures the angle.

Hi erob,,

See the current "Electromotion owners opinions please" thread in the MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM section.

I try to describe what you will hear on Page 2.

Good luck.

GG

Back