An Unabashed Plug

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Hi all.

For awhile now - my son has been writing classical music. He has written 6 string quartets and had members of the Argentina symphony record 3 of them in 96/24. He just spit out this piano sonata the other day and He would like your opinion of it. Tell us what you think. And negative opinions are fine. He is looking for feedback. Hope the link works. Thx Tim

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=3ketDEgidic

Tim, in a word ......'peaceful', I think listening to it lowered my pulse, very nice !

Tim, in a word ......'peaceful', I think listening to it lowered my pulse, very nice !

Yes thanks for the input Dave. He seems to write melodic classical pieces. I have had people say ‘boring’...’put me to sleep’... but I find a nice melody there and it is difficult these days to find people that like classical music in any form. Personally, I like it - but I’m his father and do not count!! 😀

That was well done Tim. I love listening to piano solos.

Thanks brad. Yes. I do as well. He has a ‘SoundCloud’ out there as well. Maybe I’ll post a link to his string quartets as well.

What talent. I really enjoyed the beginning and end. I closed my eyes and it played like a story. I would tweak the middle a bit but that’s just my ears. Thanks for sharing.

What talent. I really enjoyed the beginning and end. I closed my eyes and it played like a story. I would tweak the middle a bit but that’s just my ears. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the feedback. I am sending him all the feedback. It is appreciated

Hi Timm, thanks for sharing. I also love solo piano, as my dad was a Julliard grad concert pianist who also composed a few (short) pieces. So I heard a LOT of solo piano growing up ;)

This piece is nice, and I really liked the more detailed and simple fingering at 1:20 - 2:20, but the transition after had too many repetitions for my taste.

I did grin at the page-turner gaffe near the end, I used to go on-stage with my dad when I was a kid (9 or 10 yo) to turn pages during concerts in the National Theater and I goofed once or twice because I'd get distracted by the lights and the audience.

Hi Timm, thanks for sharing. I also love solo piano, as my dad was a Julliard grad concert pianist who also composed a few (short) pieces. So I heard a LOT of solo piano growing up ;)

This piece is nice, and I really liked the more detailed and simple fingering at 1:20 - 2:20, but the transition after had too many repetitions for my taste.

I did grin at the page-turner gaffe near the end, I used to go on-stage with my dad when I was a kid (9 or 10 yo) to turn pages during concerts in the National Theater and I goofed once or twice because I'd get distracted by the lights and the audience.

Thanks jonathon. Appreciate the feedback. Yes my son writes quite a bit. I think they were happy to get thru it for the camera. Lol.

Here are a bunch of other ditties he has written on his soundcloud. If you are interested - go to the bottom where he had 3 of his string quartets recorded by members of the Argentina symphony. He actually has them in 96/24 - and those versions really have that ‘in your room sound’. the string quartets can be found on SoundCloud at the bottom here: http://Www.soundcloud.com/andrewmmeyers

All comments appreciated and welcome both positive and negative. Thanks a lot guys.

Back