Amps...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
transam said:
I demoed the halo A21 on my ascents and it was better than my mono blocks.It had smooth uncolored sound and the bass was tight, tight, tight.What stuck out more the killer bass or transparent mids and highs, tough call . Pretty much kicked ass.Now do i get one or two?

Hmmmm......

Outlaw 755

I am going to look at the Vantage and was wanting to know if anyone was using an Outlaw amp? If not has anyone ever heard an Outlaw/ML combo?

Thanks

Not very fond of Outlaw.... heard it at my friends place and I didnt care too much for the sound. I havent hooked it to my Vantage or any Logans for that matter so take my opinion with a bucket of salt.

Thanks Joey,
I know there is better out there, but it is better than the Onkyo reciever I was using. I am currently running PSB Image 6T mains right now. The Center and Surround is PSB as well. It sounds ok, but I am wanting something that is more high end sounding. I have heard ML at Tweeter several months ago thought I had died and gone to heaven. The only ML they had were the Clarity. I have found another BM that sells ML and plan to visit on Wednesday.

I'm sure it will be better than your Onkyo. Check out the ML Vantage or Summits... but be careful, once you hear them, you probably wouldnt want to walk out with the Clarity or Aeon.... you may want to listen at your own risk. ;)

Either way, keep us posted!

Joey_V said:
I'm sure it will be better than your Onkyo. Check out the ML Vantage or Summits... but be careful, once you hear them, you probably wouldnt want to walk out with the Clarity or Aeon.... you may want to listen at your own risk. ;)

Either way, keep us posted!

Agreed.

Summits have an amazing sound, the clarity and aeon can't match, if you don’t want to spend the green, don't tease your self by auditioning the vantage or summit.

Well I listened to the Vantages today. Demo was with Anthem Pre/Pro and Amp CD was a Rotel. The salesman said they only had about 40-50 hours on them and should sound better with 100 or so hours on them. WELL I don't know if I can stand it if they sound any better! But I will go back in a month or so when they have more time on them and they finish the room. He said they were still "playing" with placement and would do more within the next month. Joey you were right I just had to listen. The Clarity and Aeon were not up to the Vantage, in my opion. They were nice but not as nice as the new Vantage.

One question, How much difference will 50-60 more hours on them make?

Thanks,
Fletcher

ford1215,

As far as break-in, I can only compare when I got my new panels for my CLSiiZ's. I would say there will be more definition or maybe described as more defined overall sound. The thinness of the upper mids and maybe some of the high end will blend seemlessly throughout the total range. After they finish setting up the room and dial the the bass it will be wonderful to say the least.

My guess if you liked them now you will like them even more and problably spend some money on a pair of Vantages. :D :D

Jeff :cool:

As far as break in... I will see what kind of change I'll experience once I get my Vantages. I'm sure there is some sort of change that goes on.

I agree with Jeff... you will end up spending way more than you thought and get the Vantages.

Hehehe.... welcome to my world. ;)

ford1215 said:
Well I listened to the Vantages today. Demo was with Anthem Pre/Pro and Amp CD was a Rotel. The salesman said they only had about 40-50 hours on them and should sound better with 100 or so hours on them. WELL I don't know if I can stand it if they sound any better! But I will go back in a month or so when they have more time on them and they finish the room. He said they were still "playing" with placement and would do more within the next month. Joey you were right I just had to listen. The Clarity and Aeon were not up to the Vantage, in my opion. They were nice but not as nice as the new Vantage.

One question, How much difference will 50-60 more hours on them make?

Thanks,
Fletcher

The woofers require a substantial break-in time also. I had my Summits playing daily for about 4 weeks until I got to the point at which I felt their strengths had been finalized. There is a coherence between panel and woofer that is not apparent until then.

New out of the box the woofers are usually tight and the ESL panels can be a little bright. After a hundred hours or two the woofers will loosen up, and the panel will become more natural sounding. At first you may take notice of the panel and woofers playing but after a little time, they will eventually blind together and your Martin Logan should disappear into the room. It can take a lot of time a patience to brake them in, but its all worth it in the end.

Zip3kx07 said:
New out of the box the woofers are usually tight and the ESL panels can be a little bright. After a hundred hours or two the woofers will loosen up, and the panel will become more natural sounding. At first you may take notice of the panel and woofers playing but after a little time, they will eventually blind together and your Martin Logan should disappear into the room. It can take a lot of time a patience to brake them in, but its all worth it in the end.

That is dead on! My Ascent i's have changed dramatically over the last few months. I will never forget those first few moments of listening. I was thinking that perhaps I had made a mistake! But those thoughts were washed completely away after a few days of constant play!

Back