amp to drive more bass out of Ascenti's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amplifier preference is a lot more than just demoing a amp at a dealer, take one home and try it if you can . that being said , a lot of used amps can be found on Audiogon or e-bay if your careful . Another BIG FACTOR is THE ROOM IT SELF, some people blame their speakers for a poor room setup or room resonances, when in all reality that room cant sustain certain bass frequencies. This is where a good spl meter and a demo disc can help

The HT Room It Self...

C.A.P said:
amplifier preference is a lot more than just demoing a amp at a dealer, take one home and try it if you can . that being said , a lot of used amps can be found on Audiogon or e-bay if your careful . Another BIG FACTOR is THE ROOM IT SELF, some people blame their speakers for a poor room setup or room resonances, when in all reality that room cant sustain certain bass frequencies. This is where a good spl meter and a demo disc can help
C.A.P.,

You are so right-on... ;) It has been my firm belief that the HT room is a huge audio component unto it self. IMHO, It is as important as any component in my HT, like any one of my ML speakers or my processor, amp, etc. The shape, size, room treatments, how components are arranged in the room the surfaces, how my dipole ML sound waves play off the walls and surfaces etc.
I'm forever tweaking one thing or another in my small HT room, as often as I ajust the levels of my processor / amp. to attain the most and best sound from my HT room itself. I always "trust my ears" while praying to Roberto my audio guardian angel... :D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Cheers

-Robin

Back