Amp or receiver for best SQ with electromotion esl's?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakja83

Reaction score
I am considering getting a pair of ESLs for mye setup. I listen 97% to music when discarding casual TV-watching. Home Theatre duties are only sporadic.

I currently own a pretty good integrated that have vast power supplies and it can pour out a measured supply of 432 watts into 1 ohm. 2 x 122 into 8 ohms.

It is however costly and I am wondering if getting one of the outgoing AV receivers from Pioneer would be a significant downgrade when it comes to 2-channel "love"? I can get very good deal on the SC-35 and 37 models.

Are those stable enough to drive the ESLs properly?

Or would the Electromotion ESLs make good of the very good amp I currently own? It retails for 2000$.

Last edited:
Hello,
As your Integrated Amplifier is stable down to 1 Ohm, you really should have zero issues driving the EM-ESL's. Welcome to MLOC.
Cheers,
JJ

What I mean is: Are the em esls good enough to make use of all the power and goodness or am I pouring water into a full cup?

Wel, you sure don't need that much power. I am powering a pair of EM ESLs with a Vintage NAD rcvr , 7175PE.
With a nominal input, I can't use half the vol control in a room that's about 30'X25'.

Back