Amp got Stage Center

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zigman

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am finally making the move to components vs. integrated pre/pro and need to find a low cost small mono amp for my Stage speaker. I am just running a L/C/R setup right now, and have a mc452 for L/R (for my Impressions). This is more of stop gap to get a 3-5 channel amp for a surround setup later in the next couple of years when we move.

I saw the tiny Emotiva UP-1 which on paper looks like it would fit the bill (goes down to 2.7 ohms, 300W+). I am somewhat skeptical looks to be good to be true given the size and price. Does anyone have experience with ICEPower modules or the smaller Emotiva amps with the Stage? Any other suggestions?

Really appreciate it, thanks!

How about Outlaw? They have a small monoblock amp that should be ok for the center channel.
http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/2200.html

Thanks Tom, good call, I did notice the 2200 in my earlier search, though wasn't sure it went down below 4ohms, the specs on the Stage show it going to 2.9 ohm, but in all honesty I was running it on the Denon x6400 for a while and it sounded ok.

Yeah.. should be fine for center channel.. There's an older model on audiogon for a little cheaper.. Maybe you can get him to come down a bit. Good luck!

Yeah.. should be fine for center channel.. There's an older model on audiogon for a little cheaper.. Maybe you can get him to come down a bit. Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up I will sketch a look. Interestingly enough though, I reached out to Outlaw and they strictly recommended not to use the 2200 for anything under 4ohms.

Back