Ambrosia: Anthology

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Artist: Ambrosia
Title: Anthology
Year of Release: 1997
Record Label: Warner Bros
Genre: Pop/Rock

"Very mellow" will be the term used to describe the Ambrosia sound for those of you who still remember them.

This CD is one of my favorites. Each song is very finely crafted and lush. There are the obvious songs that were played to death on the radio in the late 70's/early 80's such as
Track 2 - "Biggest Part of Me"
Track 3 - "You're the Only Woman"
Track 7 - "Holdin' On To Yesterday"
Track 9 - "How Much I Feel".

But there is so much more to this CD. Track 9 - "Heart to Heart" is a beautiful song that I'd never heard before while the final track "Cowboy Star" sounds like something you'd hear at a Broadway musical.

"Cowboy Star" is the track on this CD that you want to hear on your Logans at a very high volume level. Lush violins and wild west sound effects highlight this song as the singer tells the story of how he wishes he was born during the wild west so he could be a cowboy. If you suddenly think "Beef - it's what's for dinner" during this song, you'll be incorrect in thinking it's the same tune they used for that Beef advertising campaign a few years ago. But it is VERY similiar. Everyone who hears it says, "Beef, it's what's for dinner!"

I urge all of you to go pick up this CD and let me know if you love it as much as I do!

Tom.

Attachments

• ambrosia album.jpg
    ambrosia album.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Cowboy Star and several other tracks they did back in the day were produced by Alan Parsons and are not only theatrical but masterfully produced and as you say perfect for Logan's.

Back