Almost cried..... then laughed.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beat_Dominator

Reaction score
In my other thread about getting a new preamp you'll see that I got a new one today. Of course the firat thing I had to do was hook the thing up and see if it worked (bought online used). All seemed well, until I tried to adjust the balance from the remote.

I pan it to the right and....... nothing. I turn up the volume a little, the sub in my Sequel starts pumping out some lower notes, but nothing at all from the panel. :mad: Of course the first thing I think of are the leads that connect the panel to the x-over, I have seen a few cases on here where that is a weak connection.

My next step is to pull the right hand speaker away from the wall and check the spade connectors, maybe one is lose or something......then I see it. The IEC cord has fallen out! :p

DUH! You have to plug these thing in! :D

LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only one that happens to!

Did the check clear?

I used to purchase my used stuff at Accutronix in Ann Arbor (before they closed). Last year purchased some stuff from another local shop Paragon Sight & Sound who listed the equipment on Audiogon. I took my buddy to Overture Audio which is three blocks from my house where he picked up some used equipment that he is happy with. In each case, I felt just a little better knowing a shop has checked it out first.

Good luck with this.

kach22i said:
Did the check clear?

I used to purchase my used stuff at Accutronix in Ann Arbor (before they closed). Last year purchased some stuff from another local shop Paragon Sight & Sound who listed the equipment on Audiogon. I took my buddy to Overture Audio which is three blocks from my house where he picked up some used equipment that he is happy with. In each case, I felt just a little better knowing a shop has checked it out first.

Good luck with this.

No the preamp is fine, it was just the speaker's power cord.

Oops, I though there may of been a problem after the cord was put back in. It was very early when I read and then wrote my reply this Sunday morning. Glad to hear all is well.

Glad everything is ok, BD! You know how it is with us poor college people... we cant afford to have anything bust up!

Or, we go back to eating home made sandwiches for lunch and ramen noodles. :eek:

Latest posts

Back