after stage what ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleon

Reaction score
does anyone know if there is going to be a new entry in the x-tad panel tech from ml?if yes what and when?

Maybe one of our dealer members have heard something and can chime in.

I personally have heard noting? The original plain for Martin Logan was to replace the cinema and theater center channel with the Stage. But the stage was found to be too expensive to only offer one center channel. My guess is they will release a 2nd center channel some time next year with Xstat to replace the cinema.

thanks,i have already a stage on order and i am waiting for my script's

cleon said:
thanks,i have already a stage on order and i am waiting for my script's
There will be a new Xstat version of the Scripts coming soon. They may be unveiled at CEDIA in September. :)

The clarity is also getting updated.

Last edited:
I expect to find out at CEDIA that the Script and Clarity will be replaced by new product.

I'm also expeciting something in the Design series. Things have only been hinted to me, but I'll know shortly.

thanks again that's all i need to know,By the way i heard yesterday my summits with a krell Fpb300cx with siltech compas lake interconects a mark levinson 390s as a cd and pre and analysis speaker cables and i believe the result was astronishing.If anyone know's a no matter cost maching for summit's please inform me.

cleon said:
thanks again that's all i need to know,By the way i heard yesterday my summits with a krell Fpb300cx with siltech compas lake interconects a mark levinson 390s as a cd and pre and analysis speaker cables and i believe the result was astronishing.If anyone know's a no matter cost maching for summit's please inform me.

I'd get two VTL Siegfried monoblocks. Kubala Sosna interconnects and speaker cables.

So many options on a pre and CD player... but the Arcam FMJ CD player is good. If Linn is back to making products that don't fall apart the Sondek is great. If Wadia is stable get their top of the line Player/Pre and you're set.

cleon said:
If anyone know's a no matter cost maching for summit's please inform me.

ARC has announced their new Ref 110 stereo amp, but if cost is of no concern I have listened to the 210 monoblocks and was very pleased with what I heard, just out of my league $$$ wise. Still for the $$ the Plinius is the best solid state amp I have ever heard........ thats why I bought one. I still owe Dan a lunch for the "coaching" job on that decission.

Summit Equiment Matching

cleon said:

Cleon, try checking out the Parasound JC1 monoblocks behind an AYRE K-1XE Preamp. I have been told these are a perfect match for the Summits and will be looking into this combination myself. Tks.

thanks frank thats what i have heard too.the only thing that keeps me back is that first they are parasound :confused: and second the dirtributor in Greece demos them with stupid speakers. :rolleyes: I would like to know if there is a really high end company like halcro dm38,krell fpb,plinius ref,bat vk600,jadis that maches the same or even better.I will listeb this week the summits with halcro dm-8 pre halcro 38 amp with mark levinson 390s cd and i'll tell you. :)

Everytime I saw the Statements they were being driven by VTL.

So I figure ML chose VTL for a reason.

They're big stuff is a lot better than the smaller stuff.

Just my .02 here...

When I was shopping for a new amp, I auditioned the VTL ST-85 and ST-150 with my CLSIIz's and was not impressed. I also wanted to hear their Monoblock model M-185 but the store never got them in for an audition.

I have also heard the S-400 driving Wilson Maxx2 and for the money presented in front of me...it was ok, but not great.

Just my opinion here, as the VTL's may sound completely different to others when auditioning.

Dan

the best amps i have auditioned so far is plinius sa-102 playing in full class A and the krell fpb300cx.I love bat vk600 with no batery pack which destroys the musicality of the amp as for vtl i thik that they are overprised and that they don't much prety well.Halcro dm 38 is a much better amp more neutral more music and it's price it's about the same with the summits.It's wrong to have a speaker that cost 10k and discuss for an amp double the money or higher.I think that we can have a serius talking only with high-end and simily prised amps.PLINIUS IS EXCELLAND AND IS THE ONLY AMP I KNOW THAT MACHES WITH SUMMITS AT HALF THE PRICE OF THEM.Only people who really knows how to listen can understand me.

ps.
i said that i love bat vk600 because i have heard it with many other speakers and it was the best after halcros dm 78 i have heard but i was very disapoited when i had to audition it whith the summits.

cleon said:
the best amps i have auditioned so far is plinius sa-102 playing in full class A .......PLINIUS IS EXCELLAND AND IS THE ONLY AMP I KNOW THAT MACHES WITH SUMMITS AT HALF THE PRICE OF THEM.Only people who really knows how to listen can understand me.
I agree and it is why I own a SA-102.....

when i saw you writing about the plinius i noticed that i am not deff.thanks.your amp is great.My next choise is the krell witch one i am not crazy about but it sounds great with the summits but with double the money.

All this talk about the Plinius SA102 is making me jealous...

Too bad I dont have the $$ to get one, I guess I'm settling with the RB1090 that I'm picking up from Stesom in a few days. ;)

the only way to have a plinius sa-102 is to buy a used one because it has been replaced by the sa-103 which i have not the chance to auditioned yet.SA-102 has siltech wiring inside and the wbt at the back,IT has 140w per chanel into 8Ω and 50w per chanel in full class A.The only think is that it drives the summits very well but it doesn't finish them.Plinius sa 250 or the new reference is much more expensive and less musical than the 102.

The Plinius SA-102 is rated at 125w Stereo into 8 Ohms (140w Saturation point), 460w Mono into 8 Ohms in A or A/B operation. There is no reduction in power when in Class A mode, but there is a definite improvement in sound in Class A.

The nice thing about the amp is you can decide when to run Class A or A/B so you do not have the "Room Heater" in effect when you do not want or need it.

When switched into Class A the amps sounds good in the first 15 minutes, but after about 1 hour the amp really reaches its best sound.

Dan

Latest posts

Back